Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tickets?

Tickets? 09 Apr 2001 01:46 #1469

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
For those of you that use machine dispensed tickets, I have a question. Does the correct price have to be on the ticket? I read a while back that one owner was still using 25 cent tickets from many years ago. Do the film companies require the correct price to be on their, or do they not care?

Also, for the 1"x2" tickets, do you rip them in half, and keep one half in the box, or just put a rip in them to show their used? We currently rip them in half for auditor purposes, but giving the customer such a tiny ticket looks bad!

Thanks for any comments!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tickets? 09 Apr 2001 14:14 #1470

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Being a small and very personal theater, we use the roll 1x2" tickets and give half to the customer. New customers look twice but are satisfied. Regulars are fine with it. We keep our torn half in dated bags so if we are every audited, they are there. We also run just one cash resister since box and bar are teh same counter, so we have the tape as a BU of tickets sold. But, I've never been audited so i hope i'm doing enough.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Tickets? 09 Apr 2001 16:43 #1471

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
If you read your master contract from any of the distributors you will see that it says that the ticket must display the correct price, name of theatre, and town and state plus be consecutively numbered throughout the engagement.

I have been in business for myself for over thirty three years and have never had a distributor audit me or ask in any way to see ticket stubs. In the early years we did bag them, date them and save them, but I discontinued that over twenty years ago.I would have needed a warehouse just for ticket stubs for my eighteen theatres that I had back then.

Even though I do use machine tickets with the theatre name, location and correct price on them most of the time, there are times that I use up old stock or even tickets from some of my past theatres. I have had checkers here many times when I was using up old tickets with the wrong price, or theatre name, or no price at all, and never did they say anything about it.

So it doesn't seem to really matter, but I still would suggest that you try to have it as they request most of the time. I just think that it looks much more professional to do that.

Re: Tickets? 09 Apr 2001 16:49 #1472

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Maybe that me because we burn off old tiks for 6 years now. here's 25 and 35 and ditto Roxy. we've had lots and lots of checkers and it's never raised an eyebrow. I think they know that it would be easy to circumvent any method so they use known and unknown checkers to insure honesty. That... and you'll never get another print until Hell freezes over!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Tickets? 10 Apr 2001 02:42 #1473

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, but what do you do in terms of ripping them now? Still rip them in half and keep half, or just put a small rip in them and let the customer keep the whole ticket?

Re: Tickets? 10 Apr 2001 11:33 #1474

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
WE RIP THEM AND DO WHAT ROXY SAID AND SAVE THEM FOR A GOOD WHILE AND WHEN THEY'RE IN THE WAY WE TRASH THEM....... 3-4 WEEKS. PEOPLE LIKE OURS WBECAUSE THEY'RE KIND OF COLLECTORS ITEMS.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction