Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby discount first runs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: discount first runs

discount first runs 21 Mar 2007 14:27 #14657

I used to go to a theater in sands springs oklahoma that had first run movies for 2 dollars during the day and 4 at night. How are they able to do this? i want to start my independent company like thier set up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: discount first runs 21 Mar 2007 17:15 #14658

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
How long ago was that?

Getting the film would depend on local competition. As for the admission price, the $4 evening rate might be a little low, if the studios enforce their "per capita" rental clause... but not by a whole lot.

However, if you have other theatres within easy driving distance, and they charge "normal" first-run prices, you can expect a fight. They'll tell the studios that they're paying more per admission, so they should be first in line for "the good stuff".

Being driven by money, it's likely that the studios will listen to them.

Re: discount first runs 21 Mar 2007 17:33 #14659

They still have that price it is an older cinemark cinema. My theater would be in driving distance of a newer theater so I think you answered my question. That sucks . Do you think i could compete as a smaller first run or should I go as a sub run with a high quality experience.If I charged 4 during the day and 5 at night I would be undercutting the competition but not by much. Would love all the feedback I can get.e are alos a big city.

[This message has been edited by Supercine22 (edited March 21, 2007).]

[This message has been edited by Supercine22 (edited March 21, 2007).]

Re: discount first runs 22 Mar 2007 08:45 #14660

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I think there are plenty of us small guys charging a little less than the big mutiplex near us. You can't charge $2 for the same film the muti is charging $8 and expect to not have trouble getting day in date prints. Look at the business plan by under cutting their price and providing more service. That is how I think most of us small guys survive in a competition area. You won't get all the films on break but the block busters should be no problem.

Re: discount first runs 22 Mar 2007 13:10 #14661

I see what you are saying. So charging 4 dollars during the day and 5 at night is undercutting my competitiong but will still get kinda good movies.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction