Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby hours worked by owners?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hours worked by owners?

hours worked by owners? 21 Mar 2007 09:46 #14632

• eop8
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm looking at buying a cinema pub (if you see my other post - I have a question about whether I should buy or not), however I have a question about hours worked by other owners.

The current owner says he works 3 hours/wk. and only spends time working with his movie broker to get the new films. He has an assistant manager and a manager (who purchase food, run the projectors, etc.), as well as a staff of about 10 people (for a 2 screen cinema pub). I've seen a lot of talk on these forums about owners working tons of hours - so is 3 hours/wk with these other managers make sense to you folks?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hours worked by owners? 21 Mar 2007 10:36 #14633

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Can he show you that he actually paid these people to work?

Stop by or call some time and ask for the owner. If he is never there, the person answering the phone will tell you such. If you call 3 times in one week and he is there, then that what be suspect as well.

An important thing to remember when buying a business. You are buying a business not a job. So you must put a cost to every hour that is worked even by you.

Re: hours worked by owners? 21 Mar 2007 10:36 #14634

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
not if you want to make real money ,owner working full time will leave you with the need of only 1 mgr position needed...

Re: hours worked by owners? 21 Mar 2007 13:03 #14635

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If all he does is the little bit of booking and paper work 3 hours is OK. That leaves your business in the hands of the mangers. If you want to own it and have them run it like he is then yes you don't have to work much. If you want it run your way and implement your ideas to increase business or do some promotions then you work more and more and more but you get to reap the benefits.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction