Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Setting up a digital mobile theatre
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Setting up a digital mobile theatre

Setting up a digital mobile theatre 15 Mar 2007 12:00 #14587

• kshea19
  • Fresh Boarder
I am setting up an exterior mobile movie theatre and want digital format movies for digital projection on the screen with PC hook-up. Who/Where do I go for contracts for recent and not-so-recent motion pictures for commercial viewing? Downloads or DVD format are a consideration, but would need advice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 15 Mar 2007 13:03 #14588

Oh boy...

Please read the archives to familiarize yourself with how badly this breaks copyright laws, and how unfeasible this is.
Since 1987

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 15 Mar 2007 23:33 #14589

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew McCrea:
<B>Oh boy...

Please read the archives to familiarize yourself with how badly this breaks copyright laws, and how unfeasible this is.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 17 Mar 2007 17:11 #14590

• Dexxa
  • Junior Boarder
Downloads are not legal to use anywhere!

Your best bet is get in contact with a film licensing company something simular to filmbank.com

If it was a uk based service then it whould probley cost you £60 per screening.

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 17 Mar 2007 20:48 #14591

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
In the USA for most contracts and licensing you would go to Swank Motion Pictures 1-800-876-3344 www.swank.com

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 18 Mar 2007 15:25 #14592

• kshea19
  • Fresh Boarder
So far so good. I am NOT in the plan for violating film protection rights. I had contacted the Entertainment company that is working with major theatres in installing the satellite based projectors. They mentioned that I would need to purchase the expensive new projectors that allow for downloads.

Perhaps, I should have mentioned that I am starting the theatre in Nicaragua? I am simply trying to provide an entertainment theater for the folks/tourists down where many amenities are not present.

One suggestion from this forum was to contact swank.com. I will do such. Any other ideas?

Re: Setting up a digital mobile theatre 18 Mar 2007 15:49 #14593

• kshea19
  • Fresh Boarder
The name of the company is called, Digital Cinema Implementation Partnered. They just made the announcement this March (Variety).

So, besides having to buy an expensive projector?

This is the set-up I have. Rear projection digital projector/movie screen, energy-efficient audio system, PC computer with ability to hook-up to new Satellite Internet connection offered in Central Americas.

I am not expecting to play recent releases because they wouldn't be prepared yet for multi-language platforms. I would need to have it in Spanish. If not, I will hire a translator and play a separate screen with the sub-titles.

LOL. Any ideas?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction