Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fundraiser

Fundraiser 11 Mar 2007 15:18 #14565

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
I am working for a self-advocacy group for adults with disabilities and trying to put together a fund raiser for my group. One idea I have always had is to put on a special showing of a film at a theater or college. How much does it cost to do this? What is the likelihood of success
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fundraiser 11 Mar 2007 16:28 #14566

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
I do a spring and fall break movie with a local entertainer. Admission to the public is free with the donation of a can or dry food good per person which is in turn donated to various local food banks. Concessions are regular priced for the public and after the first $350 sold at the stand, we split 80(mine)/20(his)share of concessions. This arrangement works well for both of us.

Re: Fundraiser 11 Mar 2007 21:59 #14567

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
My question is how much would it cost to actually rent the film and the space to do this. Just an estimate. Plus, what are some films which you think might do well

Re: Fundraiser 13 Mar 2007 09:57 #14568

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Thats what the $350 is meant to cover. I generally select a film that the studios charge a flat rate of $150. The other $200 covers my labor and nominal electric.

Re: Fundraiser 13 Mar 2007 21:44 #14569

• JoshG
  • Senior Boarder
Cool. What are some websites online that give a list of distributors and the films they distribute. I found one once. Started with an S I believe. I am looking for an older film. Maybe a kids film or a good film for a midnight show. Maybe bringing back one of the LOTR films
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction