• Page:

TOPIC: letter to Boxoffice Mag and NATO

letter to Boxoffice Mag and NATO 09 Mar 2007 12:54 #14555

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
9 March 2007

Mr. Peter Cane
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Editor/CEO Boxoffice Magazine

Mr. John Fithian
President NATO
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Dear Mr. Cane & Mr. Fithian,

With the announcement that In Focus has crowned Boxoffice magazine spokesman of NATO, we feel it imperative to revisit the issues we raised upon the Nov 06 unveiling of Boxoffice magazine’s new format.

As subscribers, members of NATO, and exhibitors, we rely heavily upon our publications for material to educate our consumers and our staff. A solid publication is essential to our operation. For all of our time in the industry we have relied on your magazine. The following are our comments regarding the current Boxoffice magazine.

• With the elimination of the films reviewed index, our staff now spends an inordinate amount of time looking for material. We used the index to find films on a regular basis: the deletion of the index has rendered the film reviews useless.

• We badly miss the useful, handy, easy to read release chart.

• We have found the film reviews of late to be mostly negative and probably more so than the average reviewers. Many films deserve a bad review but Boxoffice would seem to be a place that speaks a bit more to “box office” than art.

• Lastly, we feel the new typeface is too small. The text type could be a few point sizes larger and your use of sans serif fonts in grey ink are not only difficult to read, but they do not reproduce well on a copy machine.

Other than that, we love the new “moderne” look. It is our hope that your designers can find a way to incorporate our suggestions into Boxoffice’s new appearance. We have been subscribers for many years. You are an important tool for our industry. Thank you for your attention and we look forward to your thoughtful consideration.

Very sincerely,
Michael Hurley, www.bigscreenbiz.com
Colonial Theatre, staff – Belfast, ME
Temple Theatre, staff – Houlton, ME

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: letter to Boxoffice Mag and NATO 10 Mar 2007 01:06 #14556

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Very nice, positive letter Mike. Hope it helps.

Re: letter to Boxoffice Mag and NATO 10 Mar 2007 06:57 #14557

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I wrote NATO about the windows and they sent me an info package on how to join and ignored the question!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction