Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld

acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 26 Feb 2007 14:21 #14475

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey! say what? What kind of deal you talking about there Jerry?

Regarding Please help "us" clean up trailers.....In case you missed it: Jerry says the deal is "we" rip "them" off with 6.00 popcorn and "they" get to throw the crap on the floor.

I thought it was funny.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 26 Feb 2007 15:48 #14476

I've never found him funny, and I yawned during that performance.

So, now we have some washed up has been enouraging people to be a slob because he is too?

Why not have a trailer that says "Just because Seinfeld is on our floor doesn't mean your trash belongs there too," or "Help us continue to cut our clean-up costs, and pass the savings on to you by cleaning up your area after the show,"?

[This message has been edited by Andrew McCrea (edited February 26, 2007).]
Since 1987

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 26 Feb 2007 17:51 #14477

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Andrew. I couldn't agree with you more. I was offended by his remarks and I don't even sell ANY concession items for more then $2.50.

Regardless of price, people have no right to throw trash on our floors.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 02 Mar 2007 23:10 #14478

• theBigE
  • Expert Boarder
Story online by Nikki Finke at deadlinehollywooddaily about the Seinfeld comments at the Oscars. She knew it would raise a stink!

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/oklahoma-theater-owner-scolds-jerry/

[This message has been edited by theBigE (edited March 02, 2007).]

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 03 Mar 2007 13:24 #14479

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Michael Richards decides to seek the lowest level of humor.
Jerry disrespects one of the pillars of his industry: the exhibiton end of show business. Hey Jerry, how much did you get over-paid to do that bit?
Any day now Larry David will be in the news for writing a sit-com about a beastiality club in LA next to a day care center.
The medieocraty of the Seinfeld experience is reflected in how the allumni from the show need to do humor tearing down others to prop themselves up. The show was microseconds of brilliance spread among eons of boredom--enough to make any actor associated wiht the show a little insecure. Too bad that insecurity is manifested so publically.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus should be releasing a dance video any time now.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 03 Mar 2007 13:25 #14480

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Avalon:
<B>Michael Richards decides to seek the lowest level of humor.
Jerry disrespects one of the pillars of his industry: the exhibition end of show business. Hey Jerry, how much did you get over-paid to do that bit?
Any day now Larry David will be in the news for writing a sit-com about a bestiality club in LA next to a day care center.
The mediocrity of the Seinfeld experience is reflected in how the alumni from the show need to do humor tearing down others to prop themselves up. The show was microseconds of brilliance spread among eons of boredom--enough to make any actor associated with the show a little insecure. Too bad that insecurity is manifested so publicly.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus should be releasing a dance video any time now.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 03 Mar 2007 13:28 #14481

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Padon the double post. I tried to edit spelling errors and ended up quoting instead.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 04 Mar 2007 02:15 #14482

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Several "stars" are on my "avoid" list just because of their comments about theatres, concessions, and going to the movies. Remember Chris Rock ragging about the price of admissions at ShoWest a few years ago? I have seen several "stars" being interviewed on TV say they don't even go to the movies. How dumb is that to say--whether they really go or not?

Heard this great story the other day: A guy comes to the local state park. The park aid asks for his entry fee. The guy says, Don't you know who I am?" The aid says "no, I'm park aid so-and-so, what is your name?" The guy says, "You don't know who I am?" The aid again says "no, I don't think we've met before", and again introduces himself and extends his hand. The guy goes beserk, and yells, "I'm Seinfeld." The aid, who has never owned a TV, says, "Seinfeld, who?" A few minutes later there is a loud commotion in the main parking lot and the same guy is yelling at the top of his lungs, "I'm Jerry Seinfeld, don't you people know who I am?", over and over again. The aid tells a park ranger the story later and says how he pitied the guy.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 04 Mar 2007 18:13 #14483

• theBigE
  • Expert Boarder
hey Burney, Seinfeld's not a complete jerk. A co-worker spotted a limo waiting near the local mall entrance a year or so back. The limo driver told my friend that Jerry Seinfeld was inside the mall. Sure enough, she spotted him in the local bookstore, and cooly, while they were both browsing books, walked up to him, told him she loved his show, and got his autograph. He was very polite and cordial.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 04 Mar 2007 18:41 #14484

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I am Spartacus!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 05 Mar 2007 09:51 #14485

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
so doesn't all this beg the question about Seinfeld's upcoming movie "Bee movie"? Will you book it or has this left a bad taste in your mouth? Personally, I'm on the fence with what I've seen from the movie....
"What a crazy business"

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 05 Mar 2007 10:20 #14486

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
One thing you may forget is some of the "A List" talent have their very own screening rooms in their homes. These rooms can be fully equipped with 35mm or just video. So by them saying they do not go to the movies is true. In the Beverly Hills / Hollywood Hills / Malibu and West Side of Los Angeles areas of the city there are many home rooms that I've worked running 35mm as a projectionist. They get any of the First Run films if they are on the Bel-Air screening circuit list with the studios. And if I had a room like that I would never go back to the theatres again. Many of these rooms out shine the theatres.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 05 Mar 2007 13:31 #14487

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
But do they and is it okay to throw their trash on the floor? Seinfeld seemed to think it was fine.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 05 Mar 2007 14:05 #14488

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
The maid cleans up after the people. Which is her job. But that's what her job is to clean, just like an usher.

Re: acad awards and Jerry Seinfeld 06 Mar 2007 01:39 #14489

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
It just seems like the Hollywood elite should be more respectful toward exhibitors. It shouldn't be us against them and vice versa.

Throwing trash on the floor or ground is disrespectful, no matter where it is done. In the theatre, a few kernels of popcorn are one thing, but tubs, cups, candy wrappers and nacho and ice cream mess are totally different.

Bee Movie looks really dumb.

[This message has been edited by BurneyFalls (edited March 06, 2007).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction