Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oscar Event or promotion

Oscar Event or promotion 08 Feb 2007 23:53 #14455

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Does anyone do some promotion or event for the Oscars?

This year I bought into the contest from cinema source for an Oscar contest. You pick the winners in 6 catagories and have a chance to win one of 10 prize packages. I got all the locals who advertise with me to donate dinners or gift certificates. I even have a home stereo and Karaoke CD & G Party Machine. I hope to get some extra hype in the paper the week of the Oscars but we will have to wait. So far I have over 200 entries in less than one week.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Oscar Event or promotion 09 Feb 2007 19:24 #14456

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
sounds great/ I love the drawings/ we have considered doing a party with big screen projection of the event and we even talked about having a dj who would spin tunes during the commercials, mc, etc. Food, dress up, etc. but we just end up sitting home with champagne and enjoy it in silence!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Oscar Event or promotion 09 Feb 2007 20:32 #14457

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
I've actually thoughta a lot about this. I think it would be fun to have an Oscar event where tickets sell for ~$50 each with a portion going to a local charity. A fancy dinner in the lobby is provided. It's black tie only. Free pictures next to a large Oscar award (or holding one). Watching the Oscars in the theater. Hold a contest where everyone votes for who they think will win in the main categories and the top 3 will win a prize (donated as dsschoenborn mentioned). It could be a major annual event for people. Has anyone actually done someting similar?
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: Oscar Event or promotion 22 Feb 2007 09:54 #14458

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
It is truly amazing the number of new ideas one can gleam from this web site. Both your suggestions are to be commented. This was an area I had never even thought of before. Thanks for the ideas.

Re: Oscar Event or promotion 22 Feb 2007 19:45 #14459

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Great ideas, but don't forget to get permission to use ol' Oscar; he's copyrighted, ya know. This would be so much more fun than going to someone's house. I'm surprised the studios don't even promote it for us so more people would get involved in seeing as many of the nominated movies as possible.

Re: Oscar Event or promotion 03 Mar 2007 10:28 #14460

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Here is an update on my contest for those who would like to know results.

We had over 350 entries. I thought pretty good. I asked the person who put this together and he said most of the other theatres he worked with had around 150. The other nice thing is that many of these entries were not current newsletter subscribers and they requested to sign up for the newsletter. So even more long term benifit. MAny of my non big prizes were $ off purchases or 1 free item. So I think those other merchanants will get a chance to have an additional sale when their free item gets redeamed. So a win win for all of us.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction