Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista

Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 20 Feb 2007 14:57 #14402

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I still can not get used to this being told you can not get a movie thing!

My booker is telling me that Disney currently is booking Terabithia and Wild Hogs based on your SC3 film rentals (for release on the break). SC3 was our first film that we had after the theatre had been closed for 2 years so our numbers were not great, plus we only had it for 2 weeks. Supposedly they are looking at theatres that did $2500 in film rental on SC3. Any truth to this?

I have even offered to pay a decent guarantee to get a picture if necessary but he says no luck.

Any advice in dealing with BV? Even though I have a booker any reason why I should not try to call BV myself and beg?

My concern is that having to be a move-over theatre part of the year will hurt me when we do have films on the break.

We had Norbit and Ghost Rider on the break and so many people have told me that they saw it elsewhere becasue they did not think that we would get them. I think part of that had to do with the fact that we got nothing on the break in January.

Thanks

Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 20 Feb 2007 19:10 #14403

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Up until last year I was always able to get new prints from Disney in my small towns as long as they were considered "wide" releases, but starting last year with "Pirates 2" it has become more difficult--I was not able to get "Bridge" no matter how hard I begged--I can't say I totally blame them as is hard covering print costs in my very small towns, and being in a no guarantee state does not help, but it sure has hurt my grosses. Wonder if us smallguys ever get digital if we are going to be up against the same thing with the "virtual print charge" needing to be covered----

That is even if we do get monetary help putting digital in.

Re: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 22 Feb 2007 12:08 #14404

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We too have noticed it is tighter with BV. I was able to get 1 print of Tera for my 2 theatres but was told clearly no move over or 2 week deals. 3 weeks and a look minimum. Most other distribs understand and go with a 2 week deal but no way Jose on BV. I went and worked it hard and fast on Hogs as I felt this was a must play pic for my two theatre. Getting a pic on the break only works if there are a lot of 2nd prints. Tera only had an +400 2nd prints so every theatre like mine and yours in the USA/Canada is begging for those 400 prints. If they came off. I want more screens! It never hurts to call yourself/ especially if you are willing to pay a guarantee. If you call you should discuss it with your booker so they know what's up.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 22 Feb 2007 17:30 #14405

• Barry Floyd
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
>>I still can not get used to this being told you can not get a movie thing!<<

My favorite has been... "We're not playing to drive-ins in the south right now"

??

Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee

Re: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 22 Feb 2007 19:39 #14406

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Hard to get away from that southern reputation y'all have down there Barry.

Re: Wild Hogs & Buena Vista 22 Feb 2007 22:08 #14407

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
So what is the early word on "Meet The Robinsons"? How soon should you work to get a movie?

Too late for last minute tries on "Wild Hogs"? BTW I would be willing to keep it for 4 weeks (mostly b/c not much coming new in March until late in the mo.)?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction