Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Almost finish biz plan
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Almost finish biz plan

Almost finish biz plan 10 Feb 2007 12:52 #14358

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
I am on the Profit and Loss statement for my biz plan and I ran into problems. I am trying to understand if there are taxes to be paid on items such as tickets and concessions. I dont think that I am taking a tax on that so I just need a clarification.

Who distributes candy? Or is it a good idea just to goto Sams and get those prices?

Can anyone suggest a good agent?
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

"Inspiration is only a thought away"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Almost finish biz plan 10 Feb 2007 13:22 #14359

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
There is always taxes--but every area is different as far as how much and what type. (i.e. in my area there is only sales tax on tickets and concessions--even though they keep toying with adding admission tax)

there are many many candy distributors and brokers around the country--a little work in google would probably help you in your area. I do buy some items from brokers--but they do usually have a 500 pound minimum. I find working witha local distributor much easier as not such a minimum and only pennies difference in cost per item (of course it took a bit of work getting the price) I find Sam's to be about a cent cheaper per item, but they do not have a good selection of theatre size and, along with a 4 hour round trip, I have to do all the hauling.

My distributor also handles the area's taverns and C-stores--so you could ask them where they get their product from.

Re: Almost finish biz plan 12 Feb 2007 10:48 #14360

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
WE pay only sales tax on concessions. We have no tax on tickets in our area so you have to check into your local laws.

Re: Almost finish biz plan 12 Feb 2007 17:36 #14361

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We have a sales tax on concessions, no admissions tax yet. Keep in mind that a sales tax is technically paid by the customer-not you- so you don't need to figure it into your business plan unless you are planning to post your menu prices with the sales tax included (which is illegal in some states). In that case you need to figure your income on the actual amount you keep on each item. There are often other taxes which affect your bottom line much more importantly than these taxes. I.e. - personal property taxes, commercial activity taxes, not to mention employment taxes - workers compensation, unemployment tax and then there are licenses which opens a whole new can of worms - in our case we need a license to operate a concession stand and have the health department inspect it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction