Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Suggestions for Conessions
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestions for Conessions

Suggestions for Conessions 03 Feb 2007 02:01 #14348

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
I am going through and trying to figure out some unique menu items. I like the idea of the pizza dog (or equivalent) and just wanted your suggestions and ideas.

If you have pictures please send to contact<at>zone91.com. Thanks a bunch.

Also does anyone know of cheap wholesale places to get popcorn tubs/bags and drink cups to use to promote a film?
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

"Inspiration is only a thought away"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 03 Feb 2007 21:28 #14349

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
At most cinemas in Australia you cannot go without a choc top icecream.. you get a flat bottomed cone, a scoop of icecream and cover it in chocolate. They are prepared before/between shows by the staff and are ready for fast service. No scooping while serving customers, so no waiting. Some places also cover a banana in chocolate and freeze it.. that one is best for summer, but the choc tops sell all year round. People got cross with us last year as we bought in pre-made choctops with a waffle cone. we had to go back to making our own. We do them in flavours, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, boysenberry, macadamia and mint choc chip. Hope that helps

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 04 Feb 2007 08:02 #14350

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Three items- popcorn, soda and candy, generally account for 85%-90% of your sales regardless of what else you sell. Hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, ice cream and other quick serve items can round out the mix. Almost all of your sales come in the 10-15 minutes before showtime. People don't like to wait and will bypass a stand with long lines. Complicated menus with long prep times on items leads to lower sales. Keep it simple. Keep it fresh. Keep it FAST.

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 04 Feb 2007 10:40 #14351

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
well put, reelman. We run the whole operation ourselves and keep things as simple and fast as possible. We round prices to the quarter so we can quickly make change. We have displays of sizes for popcorn and soda with the prices on them clearly marked. We have a large menu board with all of our offerings and prices displayed so people can make up their minds while they're in-line and waiting. All of this lets us move customers through as quickly as possible.
"What a crazy business"

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 04 Feb 2007 13:42 #14352

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I also agree with reelman and leeler. Popcorn and soda are the money makers. Candy sells well. Hot dogs are fairly quick and easy to prepare, hand out and clean up after. The faster the sales--the more sales there will be.

I still can't believe how many people can stand in line and not have their minds made up when they reach the cash register.

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 04 Feb 2007 16:12 #14353

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
LOL, that is so true BurneyFalls. Even though we have a menu board above the concession stand, as well as signs and popcorn/pop containers on the walls with the different prices and sizes, we still get a few people who don't know what they want. Usually kids are the worst when it comes to this.

One suggestion as far as your candy selection goes, I would recommend not getting more then 2 varieties of a particular candy bar. For example, instead of getting the 5 or 6 different varieties of M&Ms, Skittles, Sour Punch Straws, etc, I would only get one or two of each. That helps make candy selection much easier on the customer.

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 04 Feb 2007 19:32 #14354

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
Ok so does anyone know where to get the promotional tubs and cups? Where do you generally get your concessions supplies at?
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 05 Feb 2007 09:45 #14355

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You cna get stuff from your supplier or packageing concepts inc. Cinema Scene etc.... just look around here some more in the older posts.

Nacho's do great for us. Hotdogs add the food aspect and are easy and fast to make. Add cheese or chili for a boost.

Slushys sell year round. We have a kids pack and upgrade the drink to a slushy for $0.25. I sell a lot of slushy upgrades.

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 09 Feb 2007 16:45 #14356

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
Any pictures of the pizza dog?
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

Re: Suggestions for Conessions 12 Feb 2007 10:54 #14357

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The trade show as Showest has all kinds of food I never thought of being good for a theatre. Also find our when you local food show is from you food distributor. The big one is in Chicago I think in the spring. There you will have a ton of ideas or look at NAC national association of conessionaires http://www.naconline.org/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction