Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Booking your own films or go private?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking your own films or go private?

Booking your own films or go private? 23 Jan 2007 19:39 #14225

This forum is useful, but I've tried goingon to Universal's and other websites and not had any luck learning the process of booking films.

How do you book your own films? I am only interested in booking 60s through 80's stuff for a small one screen movie house.

Also, if a movie house is a private club, do movies need to be booked? Or, can we just buy DVD's to show? Max seating would be about 30-60.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking your own films or go private? 24 Jan 2007 19:47 #14226

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
First: reset the "view" window to look at all posts. There are dozens and dozens of posts on this subject.

Second: do a search for booking on the google or forums search function.

Third: anyone can book films after establishing credit, signing contracts, and doing all the normal stuff.

If you are brand new to this business you are better off hiring a booker... the better to focus on your biz.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Booking your own films or go private? 24 Jan 2007 19:51 #14227

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
read all of these
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/cgi-bin//forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Frequently+Asked+Questions+at+BSB&number=48&DaysPrune=1000&SUBMIT=Go

you asked: "or go private?" If you are showing dvd's to people who are paying admission or as entertainment to encourage attendees to come in and hang out you risk attracting the studios who look for this and will protect themselves. That said: you can get away with it if kept on a very small time basis.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction