Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rosters & Programming

Rosters & Programming 05 Jan 2007 03:11 #14124

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How do you go about organising your film roster and staff roster?

Does any one use any software?
eg for movie schedule release dates,and times the movie is screening per week, with the terms and %'s.
If so which ones?

I'm just looking for a way to make sure that I never over book on the calendar to the number of screens that I have available.

How do you go about organising your roster with availabilities and unavailabilities?

If you have any info that would be very helpful at the moment because I am looking at new ways to organise this information rated than penciling in and out on a calendar each time there is a change of release date.

Does anybody have any ideas on ways to make rostering easier eg ratios admissions to hours etc.

Does any body use any roster grids?

Thanks in advance

Sam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rosters & Programming 07 Jan 2007 16:11 #14125

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
as far as staff: that's pretty easy.

as far as films: I have a white board with columns for each screen reading down for each theatre so I have 5 columns for my 3 screen and 4 cols for my 2 screen because of splits and doubles, etc.

It goes by the week across so if I know I have to or will want to hold a film for 3 weeks-4 weeks-2 weeks-etc. I block out those weeks/ that helps me see if I am going to have a crash situation. Surrounding the white boards I have index cards with the films/distribs/run times/dates/ratings: btween index and white board aI git 'er done.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Rosters & Programming 07 Jan 2007 17:26 #14126

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
It sounds like Mike's methods could also easily be accomplished with a spreadsheet using Excel- columns and rows for screens (or theaters) and titles. Each box could be as big as needed for whatever information you need- ratings, times, terms, percentages, etc. for each screen.

This also eliminates pencil writing and erasing- just retype. Then save a file for each month and you can always go back however far in the past you want and pull up the info for each movie, screen, etc. I would imagine this would be very helpful and would enable keeping stats a snap.

"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction