Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Getting rid of the goodies!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting rid of the goodies!

Getting rid of the goodies! 17 Mar 2001 13:14 #1410

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We came home with 2 boxes of Show West hats, mouse pads, key chains, T shirts, luggage, calculators, pens, etc. etc. etc. The thing I love the best is the Tecnicolor trailers videotape that they distribute as part of the goodie bag. But what do I do with the rest of this stuff. In the past I've saved it like it was going to appreciate like Yahoo stock . What do the rest of you do with all this stuff? Do you use it to promote films? Do you give it to staff?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 17 Mar 2001 14:52 #1411

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Since Ky and I had pass lite to ShoWest, we didn't get that many goodies. But between ShoWest and a couple of NATO events each year, we do accumulate a great deal of swag. So last Christmas, we carefuly divided it amongst the staff as part of their Christmas gifts. We held a party and did "Secret Santa." In that way everybody got at least two gifts. The concensus was that it was very successful. Some even went as far as to say it was their best gift, although that is a little sad.

If you get too much, (Athough how much is too much?) give it to family shelters. Nothing makes a kid happier than to wear a tshirt from the latest film.

If you realy can't figure out what to do with it, send it here, I can.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited March 17, 2001).]

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 17 Mar 2001 15:37 #1412

• Mike
  • Administrator
I Like the Xmas party idea as we do that and this would be a great add on to what already goes on. NETO (New England) had a one day show one year, they're not very active because of Hoyt's running it, and took the entire staff... 200 miles each way!... and they really went wild to receive a goody bag. It reminded me that we're a little jaded with first choice and unfettered access to all the stuff.

I'm thinking also to use some as bait for prizes to get more e-mail addresses.

But nobody get's my Tomb Raider leather back pack. Did you get one?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 18 Mar 2001 15:02 #1413

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
No, the Tomb Raider leather back pack was part of the swag for those of you who ponied up the full $750.

We did receive, in the mail, the Planet of the Apes fleece pullover and video promotion kit.

That and the sleeve a splicing tape were our best swag from the show.

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 18 Mar 2001 15:19 #1414

• Mike
  • Administrator
Fleece Pullover? I'm pissed. Where's mine? And they send it in the mail! Without abject begging? I think you're getting a free ride because you used to play more mainstream there. Oh well..... just another life's injustices!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 26 Mar 2001 20:46 #1415

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I got two of those "Planet of the Apes" pullovers in the mail, Mike! Sorry, I'm not sharing though. Guess your "more mainstream" theory doesn't apply. I have a new wardrobe since coming back from ShoWest, including a bigscreenbiz t-shirt. Thanks, Mike. What does anyone need six mousepads for???? That calculator is pretty cool, but nothing compares to the "Tomb Raiders" backpack.

Re: Getting rid of the goodies! 28 Mar 2001 10:10 #1416

• Mike
  • Administrator
TWO!!!!! Now I am ticked in a major fashion!

I liked Large's idea best and we're planning on doing a 2 x giveaway to our crew ...at our pre-summer annual meeting and the Xmas party . Keeping all the best stuff out of course!

We're going to give away the Tomb Raider backpacks to gather e-mail addresses for our weekly newsletter!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction