Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby What size is your theater or district?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What size is your theater or district?

What size is your theater or district? 12 Dec 2006 00:25 #13957

• BPZ
  • Junior Boarder
Just curious guys, I read the topics and replies on this site. I was wondering what size theaters you guys run or how big is your district. I run a 12-screen in Beaumont,Tx. It's about 1800 seats, pure Christie setup, and all digital sound. I even have two THX certified auditoriums.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What size is your theater or district? 12 Dec 2006 06:40 #13958

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Sounds like you've got a nice setup there.

I currently run a 3-screen drive-in.... total, 850+ cars. We have DTS on 2 screens, and Dolby Digital on one. All are backed up with Dolby SR from CP-65 processors. Broadcast Warehouse transmitters and audio processors, Big Sky 7kW lamps and XL projectors.

I recently had a 4-screen indoor in a small stripmall, but let it go back to the landlord... more outgo than income...

Re: What size is your theater or district? 12 Dec 2006 07:16 #13959

I run a 100 seat, digital-only, cafe cinema in Amherst (Buffalo), NY, with a metro population of about 1 million.

We show indie, art and rep programming all via disc or hd server. 20' wide screen with 7.1 audio through jbl speakers. Using a variety of digital projectors.

Opened it in 1993 after managing theatres for General Cinema.

Re: What size is your theater or district? 12 Dec 2006 09:21 #13960

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I own the Belfast, Maine Colonial Theatre 1912 converted to 3 screen www.colonialtheatre.com and the Temple Theatre 1919 Houlton, Maine converted to twin. www.templemovies.com Chain? I am one!

Michael Hurley
Impresario

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited December 12, 2006).]
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: What size is your theater or district? 12 Dec 2006 21:12 #13961

• BPZ
  • Junior Boarder
Rodeo, those CP-65 processors are still the best even after all these years. I have one left and it is still my favorite.

Screening, sweet setup. Digital projectors are nice. First run theaters still can't get every print in digital, yet. Our loss, your gain.

Mike, Wow! 1912 and 1919. Your theaters are beuatiful!!

Re: What size is your theater or district? 13 Dec 2006 00:37 #13962

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I have two single screen theatres in two very small towns in the mountains in northeastern California. They are 17 miles apart. Both were built in 1940/41. Upgraded CP55 with DTS in one, CP100 with DTS in the other. Both projectors are SA's. TA10 automations with timers. Christie platters. Everything, floor to ceiling, in both auditoriums is new. Capacity now is about 250 each. Nearest competition is at least 55 miles. Population of the entire area--at least 30 miles out--is maybe 20-30,000. That number might include some farm animals--a stark contrast to screeningroom's population base.

Re: What size is your theater or district? 13 Dec 2006 10:05 #13963

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We have a 1921 vaudeville house. It was the premier vaudeville house in southern IL. We are in one of the IL suburbs of St. Louis Mo. The theatre had 1200 seats in 1921. Now we have 3 auditoriums ( 550, 140 & 140) DTS in the big house and we are working on upgrading the small ones.
Here are some pics http://www.lincolntheatre-belleville.com/theatre_pictures.htm

For pictures of the front of the building from the 20's and today see the home page.

Re: What size is your theater or district? 13 Dec 2006 12:35 #13964

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Currently manage a 7 screen in southern IN for a circuit. I opened it for a rookie, private owner 10 years ago. She had big ambitions and there are now 22 theatres in 8 states. Currently 4 theatres either under construction or almost in the ground. www.greatescapetheatres.com is the web site.

I am leaving that location soon and have broken ground on a new project for this coming summer. Brand new 4 screen with all stadium seating in the town where I live. Check it out at www.springsstadium.com

Re: What size is your theater or district? 22 Dec 2006 09:59 #13965

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi My name is Sam and our family operate 14 screens in Brisbane, Australia and building a new complex at the moment of 9 screens which opens around Easter.
Brisbane and the surrounding regions have a population of about 1,600,000.
Our new 9 screen complex is in a fast growing catchment area of about 150,000 people with another 8 screen complex as a competitor.
We have one Christie 2K Projector, 1 Strong, 2 Victoria 8's, 1 Victoria 5 and the rest Kyneton.
All Cinemas have JBL Speakers apart from one Bose.
We have a few cinemas with Baffle Walls Screens.
The 23 screens are made up in 4 locations
a 3 cinema complex, a 6 cinema complex, a 5 Cinema complex and a 9 Cinema complex.

19 of the 23 screens have Stadium Seating.

Our web address is www.cineplex.com.au

Re: What size is your theater or district? 22 Dec 2006 11:42 #13966

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
My wife and I own the Elkader Cinema, a one screen theater in a town of 1,550 people. We are the only theater in the county which has a pop. of roughly 10,000 (no stop lights in the county). The building was built in 1890 and was converted to a theater in 1941. The theater fell in to a state of disrepair in the nineties and was closed in 1996. We reopened and remodeled in 2003 and have been making a go of it since then. We have a Monee (Indian made century) projector with Dolby digital and a CP-45 processor. The building has a loft apartment upstairs that we live in so the commute is only two flights of stairs. We recently converted one of the side offices in to a video store so we do double duty, renting videos and showing movies every day.
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction