Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ticket pricing

ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 12:34 #13874

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
The distribs often demand in writing that you charge a certain amount. It has even been upheld in court that they can charge you a per seat/ per ticket charge for their pictures. In smaller towns I know there are theatres that charge 5.00 first run. I know of places that charge 1.00 at "buck night" first run. Can you do that where your theatres are? What is the lowest ticket prices you have seen in various markets?

Maine: 5.00 adult, 1.00 buck nights, 3.50 discounts,

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 15:11 #13875

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've only seen the studios notify us of "per-cap enforcement" during the early weeks of a first-run release. I've never seen them show the slightest interest in what a sub-house charges, as long as they know what it is. We've always been above the per-cap figures, so it hasn't mattered to us.

The studios may not "force" you to charge anything. That would violate anti-trust laws, and they're very careful to word their master licenses so as not to run afoul of the law. They CAN enforce a per-ticket minimum rent payment, if they want. If they do that, say... $4.50 per adult ticket, you can still choose to charge $1.00, but you'll have to make up the extra $3.50 out of your own pocket (or concessions).

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited December 13, 2006).]

Re: ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 16:58 #13876

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
As I have said repeatedly in this forum, it really depends on who you are (in terms of how much clout you have) and where you are that determines what you can get away with in terms of pricing.

Carmike still has several older first run situations where the first run pricing is below discount in other most areas of the country.

For example go to Carmike.com and go throught their website for Tennesse, Georgia and other areas of the South. One good example is the Cinema 3 in Onedia Tenneesee which plays first run (now showing Nativity Story) at a price of Adults $3.00, Child $1.00 for the weekends and all seats $1.00 on Monday thru Thursday.

Re: ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 19:33 #13877

• BPZ
  • Junior Boarder
Muviebuf's right. Their is a 2 screen owned by Carmike in Silsbee,TX that charges $2.00 for first run. Just depends on who's back your scrachin.

Re: ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 19:44 #13878

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Actually in Maine the lowest first run theater I have found is $4.00. Go to Flagship cinemas and click on Oxford-prior to going to $4.00 for tix they were $3.50 and still first run for all distribs except Sony.

Re: ticket pricing 13 Dec 2006 20:53 #13879

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Last January, we raised our tickets to $4.00 from $3.00. I have always considered us a first run theater. We opened several movies on the break with $3.00 tickets (such as Spiderman 1 and MIB just to name two). Plus, we are only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And Disney even called us to ask if we would be interested in opening "The Incredibles" on the break (with $3.00 tickets and week-ends only).

Re: ticket pricing 14 Dec 2006 00:23 #13880

• juise15
  • Expert Boarder
7.50 here in Louisiana. Everything is going up around here though, so Im expecting that will drive prices higher.
Justin Toney
Creative Multimedia

"Inspiration is only a thought away"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction