Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Cleaning up vomit from carpet
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cleaning up vomit from carpet

Cleaning up vomit from carpet 10 Dec 2006 03:36 #13865

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Right in the middle of a show a little kid gets sick all down the aisle and out into the lobby. What is the best way to clean this up--especially while the show is still going on. I was out there with damp rags and a penlight.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 10 Dec 2006 05:51 #13866

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Something tells me that during the show the challenge is not to make the situation worse than it is, both as regards odor and the vision blocking of someone working in the aisle and therefore blocking patrons' view of the screen. And then there are today's many strong chemical 'cleaners' that can "mask" the sent -- but by what? A chemical odor as offensive in its way as is the vomit in its?!! It is a difficult call, but maybe a liberal application of the old red rosin is the best compromise until after the thundering herd is out after the show and the mess can the be vacuumed up since the rosin absorbs liquids. Would fresh sawdust work as well? One of the reasons I am not an exhibitor. Best Wishes!
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 10 Dec 2006 10:29 #13867

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
There is a product called Vomitsorb or some such thing. It is green and can be sprinkled on the mess to kill the odor. Probably the best thing to do during the show. After the show, we use the mop buckets and vacuum cleaners as the heavy artillery. I've mopped a lot of carpet since I got in the business although most was for pop spills.

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 11 Dec 2006 14:34 #13868

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Good one Jimor! I agree with you this has to be the nastiest parts of the job. That is why we have employees who we can supervise to perform the task.

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 11 Dec 2006 17:03 #13869

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
The best thing to use to clean up barf? Your hands and knees! The product metioned is the best/ like a sawdust with chems. Get it at any cleaning supply outfit. If you leave it up to staff they'll let everyone walk in it. I do not believe you can just leave strewn barf in your theatre. Pour the absorbent on it and srape/shovel/sweep. The last one I had was a 70 something guy who just could not hold it/ I saw him comeing toward me tring to hold his hands over his mouth/ took me about an hour!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 13 Dec 2006 00:48 #13870

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Why do parents bring sick kids in????? I had a repeat performance on Sunday night--this kid got the seat cushion and the carpet. Mom said she thought Jr. was over the 24hr bug.

I need to get some of that stuff fast. Nearest janitorial supply is 60 miles away though.

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 13 Dec 2006 03:18 #13871

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
yup, its totally gross, but unfortunately part of the job. We scrape up the big bits, spray on disinfectant then cover it in kitty litter until the show is over. So much easier to shovel up kitty litter than flour, sawdust etc etc. Then once the house lights are up, do a proper clean. End of the night get the steam cleaner in. Done

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 13 Dec 2006 09:52 #13872

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The bigger questions is not why did they bring them it is why when they get sick they just stand there and let them do it over and over on the carpet instead of running to the restroom or tile floor.

If you are a parent then you should know it is easier to clean up a hard surface than carpet.

Re: Cleaning up vomit from carpet 13 Dec 2006 12:31 #13873

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
http://www.rppsupply.com/servlet/the-Vomit-Granules/Categories

I would not drive 60 miles for stuff unless you really letting them hills get to you!

Staples sells this stuff and there is no shipping charge.

vomit: comes with the territory

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction