Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Trailers for sale or auction?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trailers for sale or auction?

Trailers for sale or auction? 21 Mar 2001 09:42 #1371

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I was sent a question by a reader. "Since EBay stopped selling trailers in the auctions is there any other place where they can be sold?" And what do you do with those unreturned trailers anyway?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Trailers for sale or auction? 21 Mar 2001 17:25 #1372

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Ebay has not stopped the sale of trailers. Certain studios have sent e-mail messages to those who maybe selling their trailers. I have never sold any of our trailers that we get from the distributors, they are stored away in a back room with the one sheets. But, I have bought many old trailers on Ebay. If any of our staff was to attempt to take or sell one sheets or trailers I would instantly "can" them.

Re: Trailers for sale or auction? 21 Mar 2001 19:56 #1373

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Advertising materials are property of the studios and therefore cannot be bought or sold by anyone.

Since I am a theatre and have signed agreements with the studios, I never sell trailers and posters.

Posters we keep, or give away to staff members who request them. We give them to charitable organizations or (very rarely) to the public.

Trailers, we send back from whence they came. I feel as a small theatre that if I send back trailers when I no longer need them, then the studios, will send us trailers when we need them. Those we can't send back, we send to a theatre less fortunate than ourselves.

Re: Trailers for sale or auction? 21 Mar 2001 20:51 #1374

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I have purchased one-sheets from eBay when the compnaies handling the materials for the movie companies dropped the ball. They were cheaper and arrived when they said they would. I would buy a trailer offa eBay if i needed it, but i've had very good luck buying from eBay. i know those who have not.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction