Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: carmike theatre

carmike theatre 14 Mar 2001 22:43 #1365

• RICK
  • Junior Boarder
two of the three carmikes in sioux falls sd have closed and the remaining one has a sign in front of it for lease. I could use some seats and was wondering how to get ahold of someone in that co. to see about it. Or will they fart around with us little guys?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: carmike theatre 15 Mar 2001 00:00 #1366

Their main office is in Columbus, GA

Carmike Cinemas, Inc.
P.O. Box 391
Columbus, GA 31902-0391

1-800-241-0431

Re: carmike theatre 15 Mar 2001 00:19 #1367

It may take some time to hear from anyone at the Carmike office. It might be faster to track down the landlord (is it in a mall site?) If it closed due to Chapter 11 anything inside the building (seats, projectors, platters, ect.) had to be left behind. The landlord will have to go thru the court trustee to find out who it belongs to. Chances are good that it will now be part of the building. Does the landlord want to keep it as a theatre? If so you can get a furnished theatre for a great monthly rent. If they decide to convert it to stores then i am sure everything would be up for sale from the landlord. It is a great deal for anyone who ever wanted to open a movie theatre.

Re: carmike theatre 19 Mar 2001 13:38 #1368

• mini3
  • Fresh Boarder
What did you hear from Carmike? have they been willing to deal? Did you have to go through the landlord?

Re: carmike theatre 20 Mar 2001 08:27 #1369

• RICK
  • Junior Boarder
talked to the landlord and everything has been removed from the theatres.
do you suppose they are taking the stuff to a central location for a gieant auction?
anyway thanks for the help

Re: carmike theatre 21 Mar 2001 11:12 #1370

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I spoke with Carmike and they have a team of lawyers, real estate, technical, and construction reps from their company who review the closing sites and since they're in bankruptcy it must all be reviewed by the courts. Where does the stuff go? I'm waiting to hear. I was a bit surprised that they don't have a single person in charge overall for this team. I'll post as more info comes in. Where does it all go?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction