Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: classic movies

classic movies 12 Nov 2006 19:49 #13619

• shack
  • Fresh Boarder
I am interested in starting a movie theater with only one or two screens that shows old movies. I have only saved up about 100k so far and am not sure how far that will get me. I am not in a big hurry. It's my long term goal and I would like to learn as much as possible about the business. There are not any movie theaters like this close to where I live. I am not sure if there is even a market for a movie theater like this. I have not had much luck with google searches on the subject. If anyone has any advice or ideas about where I can find more information I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: classic movies 12 Nov 2006 20:15 #13620

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Search the archives here. This topic has been discussed before. My advice after 22 years in this biz- invest in the stock market. You'll get a much better return.

Re: classic movies 12 Nov 2006 21:20 #13621

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If your in a big city it wil work. Here in NY Manhattan there a few that just play classic movies and do very well.
You may also consider maybe an art film theatre. There are plenty of materail out there.
You can also ocassionaly run first run and children features when no product is made avaialble.
Have film festivals and such!

Re: classic movies 13 Nov 2006 18:22 #13622

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I run a single screen in a town of 2,000 but we also draw from many other towns in a 30 miles radious. I ran "Singing In The Rain" several weeks ago and did well with great responses from the patrons. I'm playing "The Wizard Of Oz" in December and it has stirred a lot of interest, especially from the schools who are bringing several hundres students to see it at special matinees. In late January I hope to run "Gone With The Wind". You'll get a better print if you use a two projector, change-over system but there are prints available for platters.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction