Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seat Service

Seat Service 18 Mar 2001 15:24 #1354

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last night a large team from the Installation Source came in and spent the
night fixing our seats. They were in town to service another large theatre and we got them to come spend the night with us. So all those rocking chairs in #2 now work. There is a handicapped seating area in #2. All the seats have been checked and repaired. All the seat bottoms now swing up. If they ran out of seat covers for the ripped seats, they moved those seats to the front row. The replaced stained seat covers with fresh ones. They put in new seat backs where required. All of the cup holder arm rests were placed back where they should be. They even took out 4 seats in every auditorim so we have handicapped seating in every auditorium.

In short, it looks like every seat can be sat in with confidence.

This is the second time we have had this service performed. And if this large theatre has them back every year, I'm sure we will have them back every year too.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Seat Service 18 Mar 2001 15:31 #1355

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Seats.... my last project for 2 of our 3. How much did IS charge per seat is is it based on what they end up doing when they're there?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Seat Service 18 Mar 2001 15:48 #1356

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
It was a Dollar per chair for each chair that was in the entire building. For us that came to about $900.00. It is that good of a deal only because they were already in town to service the other theatre.

The amusing thing is that the other theatre has only been open a year and they had a higher percentage of broken seats than we had. They had many that had pulled the bolts out of the concrete. They had many seats the kids had taken knives to and slashed the seat covers or carved their initials in the seat backs. Our concrete is 50 years old, and our movies cater to an older crowd that doesn't do much damage. Due to recent events around our theatre, Ky isn't interested in ever running films that will appiel to children.

Re: Seat Service 19 Mar 2001 13:33 #1357

• mini3
  • Fresh Boarder
What were the things that happened with kids in your area?

Re: Seat Service 19 Mar 2001 21:29 #1358

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
We run an art house and since that appeals to an older audience, we don't suffer the vandalism that a regular theatre does. The new 14-plex that opened in this town a year ago has suffered slashed seats and other vandalism.

Although we have been hit by a bit of graffiti. We paint it out right away. I was just trying to point out that because of the different crowds we attract, which explains the difference in the wear and tear on the theatre.

Young teenagers today seem to have less respect for personal property than they ever had in the past. I think that unless a child has to struggle for an item, they will never appreciate what others have built.

Re: Seat Service 19 Mar 2001 22:38 #1359

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I'm amazed at the amount of vandalism that you seem to get. I put new seats in my theatre in 1989, and they are still almost like new. Over the past twelve years, I've had to replace about a dozen seat covers, and three or four backs. My biggest problem is that we have a wood floor and some times the screws pull out of the floor, and then the hole left behind is too big to put another screw in. Our solution to that is to send someone down into the crawl space below the auditorium while I drill a hole and drop a bolt down. The person below puts on a washer and nut and tightens it up, and... no more problem!

I will admit that when I aquired the theatre back in 1970, there was hardly a seat that wasn't slashed in one way or another. we recovered all those seats and made them last another 19 years until I put in the new ones in 89. Those first 19 years we lost about 20 seats a year to vandals, but after putting in the new ones, it stopped. Were they trying to tell me something all those years?

On the other hand, we seldom see a teenager any where near this place anymore. It's more like an old folks home. Mirrors the owner I guess.

Re: Seat Service 20 Mar 2001 18:22 #1360

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
You people are missing the point!

We, the art theatre, had no vandelism to our seats. A crew of 5 finished our theatre in 1 night.

The commercial 14-plex, that we do not own, had a tremendous amount of vandelism. But they also had seats pulling out of the floor because of poor conctruction. Two crews of five took 5 nights to finish this theatre.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction