Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: selling the one sheets/ etc

selling the one sheets/ etc 16 Oct 2006 11:51 #13450

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I saw a theatre that set up a sales area and they had many one sheets/ standees/ promo stuff etc. for sale and it looked very professional and well run. Do you do that at all? Mike

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: selling the one sheets/ etc 16 Oct 2006 12:04 #13451

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I know of a few theatres that had tried that and they told me that the stuff does much better when sold on Ebay!

Re: selling the one sheets/ etc 17 Oct 2006 09:22 #13452

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
We all know that, technically, the stuff still belongs to the distributor but I've never had one ask for any of it back. I've got a case of posters and trailers sitting in my booth. My assistant will give them to any of the staff that wants them. I don't think I'd chance putting them on ebay. I'm pretty sure distributor employees have learned to read and use computers.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: selling the one sheets/ etc 17 Oct 2006 09:51 #13453

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
In 12 years I've never been asked for something back. I have often been asked to send something to someone as a favor. I spend close to 2000.00 per year for shipping materials. Take a look under film trailers at ebay... http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=movie+trailers and you'll seethey're selling a lot of trailers.

Last year a guy from England called to buy trailers and though it never panned out I think what he is doing is cutting out cells/ framing them with film artwork and selling it for collectors.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: selling the one sheets/ etc 18 Oct 2006 02:18 #13454

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
a few years ago I put a Kill Bill 2 banner on ebay after we had finished with it, but it was still in season. We got a phone call from the distributor finding out if it was us or if it had been stolen. When we said it was us, they told us to take it off immediately or face prosecution. So we took it off. We were told you could sell it once it was "old" but they wouldn't specify how old, "old" was. So after 6 months, i contacted the guy who was the highest bidder at the time and he bought it. So be careful about selling the "good stuff" early!!
In Australia we have to pay for our posters and trailers, and yet we still do not own them..it really sucks, especially as the video shops get them for free. We have to send back our trailers too!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction