Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: This Film Is Not Yet Rated

This Film Is Not Yet Rated 21 Sep 2006 12:58 #13320

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard an interview on NPR last week where they interviewed the director of the new documentary This Film Is Not Yet Rated. The film talks about the secretive manner in which the MPAA rates films and some of the problems that are faced because of their rating policy. One of the problems that was discussed was that if a film receives a high rating, such as NC-17, they will not provide the filmmaker with a list of things that caused the higher rating. The fear is that the filmmakers might cut certain things out of their film thinking that will generate a lower rating, even if the material that they cut out didn't have an affect on the rating. The head of the MPAA told the filmmaker that the reason they don't do this is because "it would create censorship".

It sounds like an interesting film and I can't wait to see it. I was wondering if anyone else say it and what your insights are in regards to the MPAA and their policies for rating films.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: This Film Is Not Yet Rated 21 Sep 2006 13:16 #13321

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
I use to run the MPAA appeals screenings when I was based in Los Angeles. It was a very interesting process when they would come in.

Re: This Film Is Not Yet Rated 21 Sep 2006 15:54 #13322

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I saw the trailer and interviews with the film maker: it looks very funny and screwy. They hire a private eye to find out who the secret reviewers who make the decisions are!!!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction