Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby my new seats and the missing carpet!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: my new seats and the missing carpet!

my new seats and the missing carpet! 14 Sep 2006 17:42 #13310

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Our Mobilario seats are in and thy look beautiful. Jim Murphy's crew out of Mass. did the job and they were top notch. When you are reseating everything has to click: removal, painting, refinishing, carpet removal, aisle lighting, new seats delivered, seat installers, and carpet. Durkan, whose product and past service I love, dragged their ass all the way: we had to call them every inch of the way and if we didn't it simply lay dead in the water. Like the 3rd to last straw: no call and then when we call them and ask where's carpet: "Well we're not shipping until it's all paid for!" 2nd to last straw: we closed for 10 days to do this job. We ordered with deposit the carpet 90 days back but due to ass dragging it finally comes down to they will not be able to deliver in time for aisle and carpet to go in so we'll be a week open with none. But somehow we got that turned around and 3rd and final last straw and par for the course....the carpet arrives: wrong stuff. Ah geez. That hurt. So. I love Durkan but beware the service and the screw ups.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: my new seats and the missing carpet! 15 Sep 2006 02:44 #13311

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Just goes to show you good help is hard to find!
You would think they would of given you top service. You have another theatre that you may have used there service in the future but now that is not going to happen!
Another sign of the times that even places like this are hard on the little guy and focused on the opening of a 20 plex instead!

Re: my new seats and the missing carpet! 15 Sep 2006 07:28 #13312

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
We have had a lot of trouble with getting carpets ourselves. We have had every carpet store in town ( theres 4) and one out of town come in to measure and quote. they all came ina nd measured...only got a quote back from one of them. the out of town one, so we ordered the carpet..6 months later still no carpet!! We gave up after 8 months, then he calls and says Oh I found your carpet in my warehouse. We just didn't take it after all that waiting and got one of the local groups out again and got them to do it! This was just for our foyer!. Do you have carpet right through your auditoriums or just in the aisles? Ours is right through, but when we do new seats next year we are thinking of trying something else more easily washed...not sure what just yet.

Re: my new seats and the missing carpet! 18 Sep 2006 00:58 #13313

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Pieman

We have a few cinemas with vinyl in the middle of the aisle.

It's ok but the cleaners say it is quicker to clean carpet. Because with vinyl they have to sweep and then mop, takes more time they reckon.

Also with the carpet we go through Tascot. They'll supply you direct. Which will save you about 33%. It's made in Tasmania. Cheaper than going through a retailer.

Re: my new seats and the missing carpet! 18 Sep 2006 09:19 #13314

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
There is no better carpet than Durkan. You cannot buy it local. Local installers can put it in though they are a bit sniffy. It goes to show: plan all you want but they'll still screw it up.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: my new seats and the missing carpet! 18 Sep 2006 15:51 #13315

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Mike, What kind of aisle lighting did you go with? If you don't mind telling us, how much was that a foot or however measured?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction