Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Using an existing building for multi-entertainment complex
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using an existing building for multi-entertainment complex

Using an existing building for multi-entertainment complex 28 Aug 2006 00:34 #13212

• bconnxtion
  • Fresh Boarder
I currently own a bowling center and am looking at relocating into a bigger building and incorporting a 3 or 4 screen cinema and maybe a skating rink? My question is what is the minimum ceiling height possible for a cinema? This builing is very large over all but relatively low ceiling heights. Another obstacle is poles throughout the building. I believe the ceiling height from floor to bottom of metal beams or rafters is 13'6" minimum up to 14'6" maximum height. Any suggestions on design or places to start looking or researching would be appreciated. I can provide more information if needed. Thanks in advance for ANY help! Rusty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using an existing building for multi-entertainment complex 29 Aug 2006 07:19 #13213

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Many issues involved here. A flat floor theatre could possibly be done with those heights but the final result is not acceptable if you have any sort of competition within 50 miles(or the prospect of competition coming into your area).

Are you at liberty to rip up the concrete and dig down? That would gain you screen height and allow full stadium seating.

Are the columns evenly spaced thru-out? What is the average distance between?

If your area does not have a theatre, you can make this work. I'll suggest a good architect who could help- Paradigm Design in Grand Rapids, MI. Bill Brunner is working on my project.

Re: Using an existing building for multi-entertainment complex 29 Aug 2006 12:05 #13214

• bconnxtion
  • Fresh Boarder
As far as competition goes. It is about 65 miles one way, 45 miles to the other two locations. I guess digging down is an option. I don't know if you can do that in an existing building with poles or columns and avoid disturbing the structural soundness of the building. It is worth checking into. I would definitely like to achieve stadium seating. The poles are spaced evenly throughout the building. In one direction they are every 20' and the other way throughout the building they are every 30'. You have to keep in mind this building used to be a factory and is very large in size. Approx. 510' x 160' deep. I would like to start with probably 2 or 3 theatres but allow room to add theatres in the future if there is enough demand.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction