Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Wanted: Cinerama reel
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted: Cinerama reel

Wanted: Cinerama reel 26 Jul 2006 17:36 #13206

I have been collecting vintage 35mm reels for awhile now to be restored and displayed on the walls of a lobby with engraved plaque descriptions under each one, mostly Goldberg art deco types. The crown jewel would be a Cinerama reel... a huge ~24" dia reel with teardrop design. Does anyone happen to know where I can find one? eBay is the obvious choice, and I've had an active search saved, but haven't had any luck.

Here's a link to a picture of one (the reel in the foreground, not the background):
http://dp70.dyndns.org/cinerama/cinreel.jpg

Thanks for ANY help!
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wanted: Cinerama reel 26 Jul 2006 19:32 #13207

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
There is a seller on eBay that has had many Cinerama reels on sale over the last few months.

Do a search for this seller.

tomthewom

It's all one word.

Re: Wanted: Cinerama reel 26 Jul 2006 23:37 #13208

Yes, Tom is a good colleague of mine and I actually just purchased a beautiful Simplex E-7 projector for the lobby from him as well, along with many reels. Unfortunately, I missed out on his last Cinerama reel about 3 months ago and he doesn't have any more.

Thanks anyway, Avco... small world! Tom does have the most gorgeous antique theater stuff on eBay bar none.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: Wanted: Cinerama reel 27 Aug 2006 17:45 #13209

GOOD NEWS! Tom (eBay username "tomthewom") has uncovered 12 more Cinerama reels from his storage building that he didn't know were there! He's going to be selling them one at a time over the next year or so. I've got one reserved for myself of course, but if anyone else wants one, there you go. Oh, happy day!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction