Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking agents

Booking agents 18 Aug 2006 12:55 #13174

• hdd
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wondering if people would be willing to post who they are using as a booking agent. Maybe discuss good and/or bad experiences they had with them and what criteria they used in selecting one. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking agents 19 Aug 2006 13:47 #13175

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If you need a booker that generally serves the western US, I'd be happy to refer you to mine.

As for bad experiences, it might not be such a good idea to name them here. Relationships with bookers involve a lot more than just their ability to route film to your theatre. Your personal performance with the studios, any past experiences with them, AND your "chemistry" with and expectations of the booker can have a huge effect on how the process works.

Some theatres are very easy to book for. They fit well into the mainstream... pay their bills on time and have few unusual demands. Booking for them is relatively easy and painless.

On the other hand, some theatres will hire a booker because they've messed themselves up so badly with the studios, they almost can't get anything. That creates some real challenges for a booker, and not all of them are good at dealing with it. Some flat don't want to.

I can tell you from direct experience that a booker can be red-hot with one exhibitor, and at the same time be continually at-odds with another.

In the end, maybe it's best to consider that starting off with a booker isn't necessarily a long-term commitment. It can take some time to get to know each other. If it works, do everything you can to be one of your bookers best clients. If not, split the sheets (amicably, if possible) and try another one.

Re: Booking agents 19 Aug 2006 20:05 #13176

• hdd
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the response, you are probably right, talking about positive experiences is enough. I am interested in someone that would cover the midwest, if you dont mind I'd love to hear who you are using since you seem happy with them. Thanks again for the good advice.

Re: Booking agents 20 Aug 2006 02:03 #13177

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I use an agency out of California, called "Hollywood Film Buying". Beth has booked for me for the past 14 years or so. She might go out to the midwest, so feel free to check with her. 707 762-1562.

Re: Booking agents 26 Aug 2006 13:42 #13178

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
I use Frank Rash of Theatre Booking Service in Beatrice, Nebraska. He taks good care of me with films, posters, trailers and press kits. 402-223-5119.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction