Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking FAQ

Booking FAQ 17 Jul 2006 15:45 #12978

• snoopbobb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everybody,

I'm new to BigScreenBiz and was looking through the FAQ bulletin board for information on how print booking works -- but I can't seem to find it. I'm especially interested in repertory booking. Could somebody please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking FAQ 17 Jul 2006 18:41 #12979

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I do, and have done, this for many years for many accounts. E-mail me with your questions, and I'll be happy to answer them. No charge, no obligation.

LT

Re: Booking FAQ 19 Jul 2006 08:37 #12980

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
I would search all the archives under : booking, booking for yourself, etc. I believe these have been talked about at length. I just searched uder "booking" and there is a long list.

Michael Hurley
Impresario

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited July 19, 2006).]
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Booking FAQ 19 Jul 2006 13:29 #12981

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
but just for the record:

films are "booked" by bookers for theatres

there are no middlemen in this biz: sales are done by the film distribs themselves who have national or regional offices depending on their inclination

the only middlemen are in archival stuff and there are few of these today as most of the distribs have an in house archive

you or your booker have to establish an account/ it's a serious buinsess to do this and the majors are not wild to set up new small accts so don't expect to be welcomed with open arms

it's easy: call them up and you will find they do respond. Real people answer the phone as Sony-B.V., WB> etc.

if you are new to the biz: I suggest strongly no matter your size of ops that you hire a film booker... you'll find them hanging out here. Their expertise: above all: you need.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction