Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Auditorium cleaning
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Auditorium cleaning

Auditorium cleaning 09 Jun 2006 10:39 #12801

• asartu
  • Fresh Boarder
I have recently been offered an opportunity to clean half of a Multiplex theater. The offer requires the following to be completed by 9AM(Earliest start time is 2AM)

Daily (7 days a week)
Cleaning 9 of the 18 theaters (all nine in same wing):
removal of trash, wipe down all doors and receptacles, mop tiled floor, vacuum carpet, use blower to sweep all debris out from seats and aisles.
Clean hallway of assigned wing.

Weekly:
Wipe off banisters and handrails
Remove cobwebs from Emergency Exit vestibule

As Needed:
buff tiled foyer leading from the hall to each theater

What is the most efficient means of completing this and doing a great job for 1 person? And a 2 person team? Please include where to start, how to start, suggestions on equipment, chemicals, and any resources I may use to learn more about cleaning cinemas. During the initial meeting (and very short) resulting in this offer I was told that using a blower to clean the theaters was necessary and occasionally vacuuming the theater walls. Feel free to be as detailed as possible the more the better. I really appreciate any and all of your efforts. As this is a second job, time is extremely important along with sense of providing quality service. Thank you so much!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Auditorium cleaning 09 Jun 2006 11:26 #12802

I'd start in the theatres, work your way out to the hallway and then to the lobby.

Since 1987
Since 1987

Re: Auditorium cleaning 10 Jun 2006 13:51 #12803

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
I would have great misgivings as to using a blower to move trash from under the seats in view of the dust clouds that that would create. If you read the FAQs as well as the Archived comments for most Forums here, you will find that cleaning the screen can be a big problem and therefore anything which adds dust to the screen is not good.

Maybe some cheap former cleaners got the management to think that leaf blowers were the standard, but that is not true. Vacuums are the standard for all but outdoor ampitheatres. Be careful that you don't create a problem that you may later be required to fix at your own expense.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction