Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Computer systems: ticketing/concession
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Computer systems: ticketing/concession

Computer systems: ticketing/concession 13 May 2002 14:58 #12773

Hi all-

I was a member a while ago when I was just dreaming of attaining and refurbing an old theater and I found your assistance top notch! Thank you!

Today I find myself part of a group actively refurbishing a 3000 seat movie theater and stage. I'm very happy!

Can you post your thoughts on your
ticketing/concession software of choice?

I'm looking at installing 8 workstations.
2 for ticketing, 1 for concession and 5 in the office. I'm assuming I'd be installing an
NT or 2000 pro server in the back
and the workstations 2000 or NT workstation.
Does that sound right or is there an operating system more suitable to the
ticketing and concession stuff?

Also, ticket printing devices.
Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated.

Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 13 May 2002 16:10 #12774

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Chris,

Any chance that this is the St George theatre on Staten Island, NY?

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 13 May 2002 16:14 #12775

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoxyVaudeville:
<B>Chris,

Any chance that this is the St George theatre on Staten Island, NY?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It certainly is!
You know of it?
BTW: anybody who may have any info or pictures about The St. George Theatre
please contact me. I have the library stuff
and the Internet stuff...I'm looking for old publications that refer to it.

Back to my original post: I'm looking into the Ready Theatre Systems. Anybody have any
comments on this (with or without the hardware).

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 13 May 2002 23:24 #12776

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I worked for Fabian Theatres way back during the mid 60s at the State Theatre in Easton, Pa. Fabian had the St George at that time, and the fantastic Fox in Brooklyn as well. I never got into the Fox, but I was in the St. George. A really nice theatre as I recall, but I can't conjure up any good mental images of it's interior. It seems to me that it may have been an atmosphereic. Is it?

I have no photos or articles about it. Have you tried the Theatre Historical Society? By the way, THS is having their convention in NY this summer. Is the St. George scheduled to be visited by them? If so, I'll be there and will get to see it again.

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 14 May 2002 09:38 #12777

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
There are a couple of threads discussing our software on this and another forum already.
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum44/HTML/000055.html

The other is on the Film-Tech site, under Forums > Ground Level > Ready Theatre Systems.

There are several RTS users on both sites.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 15 May 2002 10:54 #12778

• b716astg
  • Fresh Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GREGBORR:
<B>
There are several RTS users on both sites.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know of a number of theatre that use the RTS system, there are a number of issues (as with any software) with RTS. Personally I like Radiant. Once the system is up and running, it is pretty hassle free.

Just my two cents

"Building the world's first all digital theatre circuit. Bijou, The Ultimate Cinema Bar & Bistro (tm)"
"Building the world's first all digital theatre circuit. Bijou, The Ultimate Cinema Bar & Bistro (tm)"

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 15 May 2002 16:29 #12779

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Curious as to what issues you've experienced with RTS, we are always looking to improve our product and appreciate feedback.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 16 May 2002 11:55 #12780

• b716astg
  • Fresh Boarder
RTS, knowledge is second had compairing with other managers out there. I Have personally used CATS, then the Pacer/Cats and Radiant systems. (There were some days with all of them that I missed hard tickets)

For the new hybred theatres that we have planned, I am leaning towards Radiant, simply becasue they can intergrate the movie and food service side of the venue into one.

I do not know if your system does the same with the food side of the venue. If it does, wanna send me some info? The prototype will be open for the christmas season here, and then we have five additional units planned out for the next three years.

Bob

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 16 May 2002 12:42 #12781

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
We can integrate a quick service restaurant into our theatre concessions package (we have several sites doing this), we do not have a table service application.

Greg Borr
RTS

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 16 May 2002 21:15 #12782

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I've been using RTS and we do both concession and box on one station. Works great for us. Very intuitive. The help catches on very quickly. Will be using it for a multi station set up at a drive-in here in the next short while. Tech support is great. They've yet tp provide me with a reason to even look at another system.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 17 May 2002 06:07 #12783

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
I use RTS, love the reports, and the massive database of available concession product that come standard. Of course the touch screen graphically represents the choices for the ease of finding the item on the selling screen. One thing though and I need clarification from greg, one that seems to be a real problem. I see some where in the software that i sell beer. Those damn girls must have hidden it from me because I went to buy one from the quick service restaurant aspect of this incredibly comprehensive software, and they either drank it themselves....or hid it. I want it back now! Can you say too many midnight shows of star bores.
Any way, it is a great piece of work, economical to install and own, it never or at least I have never had it go down, and it keeps getting better.
lance

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 17 May 2002 09:55 #12784

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Thee Beer option is password protected, only Rob and I can access it.... We do make it available to customers and friends at ShoWest and ShowEast each year.

There is an additional set of .bmp images located in a folder marked bar, all sorts of goodies in there. We've also added the capability for text only buttons, you chose the font size, color and background color.

As for Star Wars, at least the midnight shows are over.

Greg Borr
RTS

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 11 Jun 2002 11:49 #12785

Thank you to all who responded and especially to Greg. I intend to propose RTS at our next board meeting.

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 13 Jun 2002 15:34 #12786

Since you have a stage and a large number of seats I would think you will need longterm advance sales with reserved seats and that starts to complicate things

Re: Computer systems: ticketing/concession 14 Jun 2002 08:59 #12787

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Long term advance sales are no problem, we have a default setting that limits to 21 days, but can be set to any # of days.

We currently do reserved areas, but not individual seats. With individual seats we can write software that can do it, but getting your customers to sit in the right seat, that's another story. We've tried it at a few locations and between the manager having a nervous breakdown, a few near fights, and the owner not wanting to pay the additional staff it was a complete failure.

I think in a few years with the advances in technology and the internet that reserved seating via the internet will become quite popoular. Again it's up to the theatre to implement the procedures and get patrons to the correct seats. If marketed correctly it could be a good way to set your theatre apart from the competition.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction