Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: web site usage and design

web site usage and design 07 Jun 2006 15:00 #12768

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
How did you build your web site? Did you have it built locally? Do you have e-mail management? Did you sign up with someone who supplies custom web sites for theatre owners? Are you happy with your web site?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: web site usage and design 07 Jun 2006 23:56 #12769

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Our web site started in 1996 as a simple text page, initially updated by our ISP. Eventually, they turned updating over to me, then we got a "real" URL. The site has evolved, morphed, and taken on a life of its own over the past 10 years. It could be flashier, yes... but I've never cared much for things that take so long to load, they have to tell you what percentage they're on.

It's always been under our direct control. I can take about 99.5% credit and/or blame for anything you see in there.

There are sites out there that are more and less "flashy"... more and less complex, etc. Ours has taken on a comfortable position, as we see it. Our patrons find what they're looking for without much clicking around. For others, just checking in or searching out the history of operating drive-ins, there's more content in there for them. In that... I guess you could say we're pretty happy with where it is right now.

Re: web site usage and design 08 Jun 2006 11:07 #12770

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We had our first one www.colonialtheatre.com built locally in 99 or so. It is simple, maybe too simple, no photos and we would like to add that, but the # 1 reason people go the site is to find out what's playing and that we do easily. Also: the email is great: we send out a weekly email with all the news to + 2000 subscribers with the click of a mouse.

The 2nd one www.templemovies.com was built locally also and it is all of the above and more. Check out our 360 degree photo tour on the home page which is way cool!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: web site usage and design 08 Jun 2006 12:47 #12771

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: web site usage and design 08 Jun 2006 15:27 #12772

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We do our own website. www.lincolntheatre-belleville.com but we have our newsletter produced and managed by cinemasource.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction