Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Action Movies

Action Movies 07 Jun 2006 14:56 #12763

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Action Movies don't seem to do very well here. What's the deal, do you suppose?

Sentinel, nope
Inside Man, nope
16 Blocks, nope
Mission Impossible 3, no dice

Anybody else have trouble this way?

"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Action Movies 07 Jun 2006 19:37 #12764

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yep... Action or "Guy Flicks" as we call them don't do very well for us either.

Re: Action Movies 07 Jun 2006 23:32 #12765

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I have had the same situation now for about 10 years. The films that would draw the 15 to 25 age male audience does not bring them in here.

Look at it on the bright side, as that is the very audience that causes most of the problems in theatres.

In fact, I don't get many teens at all. I have seen an increase during the last year from teen girls, but the guys haven't returned. The only real male audience I get from that age group are those on dates with the girls, and they are usually coming to see what the girls want to see. When they are on dates, there is no problem. I'm just glad that the groups of guys are continuing to stay away.

Most guys that age in order to be cool, or in, or whatever the term might be these days, have got to see the action or horror flicks as soon as they come out. Price is not a concern. It is also not cool to go anywhere else but to the biggest megaplex in the area as well.

Therefore, leeler, theatres like yours and mine... single screens that don't play right on national avail are not on the radar screen for that age group of males.

Count your blessings. We are the lucky ones. There is plenty of product for a single screen house to exist with families, and older adults.

Re: Action Movies 08 Jun 2006 05:07 #12766

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
They aren't doing fabulously here either. I feel it is because people perceive that there are no good films out there these days, just rehashed storylines etc. Not much original. Action films such as The Rock, Face Off and Cliffhanger were all action films that did fantastic business because they were original, but whats on offer these days just isn't appealing to the guy audience. Plus of course, this group are the main culprits downloading and buying pirate copies of films, music etc

Re: Action Movies 08 Jun 2006 08:53 #12767

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Well, I have similar situations with horror and Sci-fi. I just don't bring them in with that stuff. That leaves me comedies, family shows, kiddie flicks, and dramas. I think once in awhile I'll dabble in the other stuff but, for the most part, it's the softer stuff, I guess.

I've got Poseidon coming next week.....better get a book to read.
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction