Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: United Boycott

United Boycott 28 Feb 2006 16:54 #12287

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Another film company-IFC Films- has annouced a day and date policy of up to 24 films per year in theaters and VOD. Will theater owners stand strong and boycott or roll over? What happens when a large blockbuster is proposed to go day and date?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: United Boycott 28 Feb 2006 18:13 #12288

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I guess I've been boycotting them all along! If a major studio ever decided to do simultaneous release (or when, I should say) then I will boycott them and they won't care. This has to be a national boycott or it won't work. Not just bigscreenbiz and not even just NATO. How do you get that word out?
"What a crazy business"

Re: United Boycott 28 Feb 2006 22:58 #12289

• Cue Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
If this way of movie delivery becomes more popular as time goes along, do you think film companies would consider reducing rental rates for theatres? Maybe this would allow us to compete for customers that we have lost to the short windows or even the same day window we are facing now. Just a thought and probably a major dream, but talk is cheap. Cue Mark

Re: United Boycott 01 Mar 2006 09:51 #12290

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
"Bubble" proved a bauble. "Direct to video" means schlock. I was just renting a DVD last night (40 Year Old Virgin) and there were a lot of films I never heard of (that's saying a lot) and was not interested in. I will be just like that for the IFC product. So call it a boycott or just not interested: it's all the same. Let's see what happens. I will bet that real stars, real directors, real producers, and real film makers will pass unless offered it as 1. big free money from pimps like Buble's finance master. or 2. last and only option of "take it or leave it" aka film is going no where so that's the deal. Until I see it {"it" being success) happen I will not be wetting my shorts. Wring 'em out pals.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction