Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New World

New World 16 Feb 2006 00:31 #12238

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
What is going on with the limited release of this movie? I've had the one-sheet up in my lobby for a year?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New World 16 Feb 2006 03:37 #12239

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
It's horrible!

Re: New World 18 Feb 2006 13:09 #12240

• Senior Boarder
We've just booked it for next week for a one week run at 35%, I figured since we had the poster up forever as well, we might as well run it as filler. We couldn't get "Running Scared", which I had planned to screen. I don't expect to do too well with it, I may call the schools to see if they're interested since it's a "historical" piece....you never know.

Re: New World 18 Feb 2006 14:42 #12241

• cat
  • Junior Boarder
The bottom line is that Terrence Malick's style, long on dreamy visuals but short on storytelling, is an acquired taste; I doubt "The New World" will ever open wide. The film got bad buzz in its longer cut; Malick edited 15 minutes from the running time and feedback has been better, though still mixed. I saw the new cut last week during its brief run at the Regal Clarks Pond 8 in South Portland, ME. I was squirming in my seat early on but by the end I was transported. I doubt schoolage kids would be patient enough to appreciate the mood Malick is trying to convey. Q'Orianka Kilcher is amazing as Pocohontas. Considering all the crap that comes out in February you could do worse than to give this at least a one-week run. Just know your patrons and understand what you're getting...how's it doing at the Colonial, Mike?

Re: New World 19 Feb 2006 18:13 #12242

• Senior Boarder
Thanks for the insight, Cat, I'll skip the phone calls! I'm interested now myself......

Re: New World 21 Feb 2006 13:00 #12243

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
It did okay but people who really wanted to see it went on the road. Tied with Pink.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction