Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Est per screen costs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Est per screen costs

Est per screen costs 13 Feb 2006 17:12 #12218

I'd like to get from someone an estimated cost of a full booth set-up. Screen, Projector, Console, Dolby, Automation etc...

I've got some re-use equipment but I need to plug in some numbers to finalize my biz plan.

Any help would ge great.

The 76 year old Magic Lantern Theater in Bridgton Maine was demolished on Feb 7th. Quite sad but a new theater will rise from the rubble soon.

Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater USA
Bridgton Maine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Est per screen costs 14 Feb 2006 18:17 #12219

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
ahhhhhh Dolby............ it all depends. used or new? High end? You can set up a theatre with used for 10,000.00 no problem. And you can go up to 70-80,000.00 new depending on what you want for platter-projector-sound-auto- and you should include a vid projector and player platform as well, speakers, etc. How much do you have to spend?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Est per screen costs 15 Feb 2006 09:13 #12220

At this point it's an open book. I have my equipment from our 2 screen that I'm sure I can re-use most of, but I will need 2 additional full booth set-ups. I will also need light cue automation for all 4 as well as all new surrounds.

I would like to spec in new equipment into the budget. If I can get good used equipment that would be great but for this initial process I want to figure everything on the high side.

Does the 80K include screen, masking etc?

BTW, I have contacted a company for pricing on equip but will probably not get numbers for a another week or two. We are brainstorming this week and trying to plug in premlininary numbers so a general ballpark of 80K for new equip will work if you think that's a good average price.

Thanks!

Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater USA

Re: Est per screen costs 15 Feb 2006 10:25 #12221

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
IMHO 80 K will get you everything including a shower and a facial. I set up a booth & screen for less than 10K. Going new? The best way to do this is to send out a RFP to 3-4 of the players: Boston Light and Sound .... and ACE are two favorites. Using the nationals always gives you a good edge. If you say: no install as we have an installer you'll get a real idea on the equipment cost.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction