Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Knees

Knees 12 Feb 2001 19:55 #1221

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
For those of you on the other side of 40, you might appreciate this. Both my manager and myself are getting a little creaky when it comes to the knee joints and bounding up the stairs to the booth every time we hear the platter speed up or slow down has just lost its alure. So, i hit www.radioshack.com and scored a $100 security camera and monitor. Being wireless ain't bad either. so, we now have a 5" monitor in the snack bar that we can look at rather than climbing stairs for a peek. And the thing works really well. Seems it might be suitable for other applications, too. This rapidly came under the heading of: Why the hell didn't i think of this years ago?
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Knees 12 Feb 2001 21:47 #1222

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=SECTY&category%5Fname=SECTY%5F001%5F006%5F001%5F004&Page=1 I went looking and it took so dang long to find it I thought I'd save someone the work. 99.00! I can hardly believe it. And it works well?

I know what you're talking about when you mention knees!

Will this feed a VCR on tape?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Knees 12 Feb 2001 22:59 #1223

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
I've got a better deal for ya. Go to Target and purchase the SafeSense Video Monitoring Camera. Its B/W, includes a/c adapter, jacks, camera, and a ton of telephone cable. It has infrared sensors for low light and has a microphone built into it. Works like a charm. Of course, you need a monitor. But heck, we had a couple laying around collecting dust. The cost....39.99 is what I paid for it. The weird part.....they are located in the stationery department...huh??? yes, thats right. Granted its not wireless.

Re: Knees 13 Feb 2001 19:33 #1224

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Mike, sorry you had a trail finding it. i typed in "security camera" and it came right up along about 20 others. Mine have RCA jacks for video and audio, so i'm guessing it'll mate with a VCR. There are cheaper cameras if you don't mind stringing cable, but it kinda limits where the monitor can be. Since i have a rather primative sound system, i don't worry about the RF from the Xmitter. others may find that a concern. I have the $50 security camera over my computer monitor so i can watch the lobby while running the show and posting silly comments on bigsceernbiz.com.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Knees 14 Feb 2001 16:59 #1225

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Silly comments? No way!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction