Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby The cinema industry today!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The cinema industry today!

The cinema industry today! 27 Jan 2006 18:15 #12092

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
How acurate and true is this?

The Cinema Industry Today

The Motion Picture business is the third largest industry in the country. It accounts for over $240 billion annually in sales. The independent cinema accounts for 15% of that total. The average American spends 15% of his/her income on movies away from home. This number has been increasing for the past seven years. In the past five years the cinema industry has out-performed the national GNP by 40%. Lifestyle changes, 2) economic climate, and 3) increase of product variety.
There are 100’s new cinemas opening every year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The cinema industry today! 28 Jan 2006 00:03 #12093

• lionheart
  • Platinum Boarder
Without doing any research, I don't have a clue about most of those statistics. However, I seriously doubt the accuracy of the one that says that Americans spend 15% of their income on movies away from home.

If the average American attends movies 5 times per year as stated by the MPAA, and even if he spends an average $20 per visit to the theater (which should be much too high for an average, but I'm not sure what all they are including in this figure), then that equals a total of $100 per person per year. That doesn't even approach 15% of a poverty level income, much less the average American income.

The U.S. Census Bureau states on their website that the national 2004 per capita income was $24,020. So 15% of that is $3603. $100 would only be around 4 tenths of one percent of $24,020.

Since this 15% figure appears to be so far off, I would have a really hard time believing any of the other figures either without researching them first.

Are you sure you copied or typed this correctly, Jacker?

Re: The cinema industry today! 28 Jan 2006 07:05 #12094

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm with LION, those figures just don't hold water!... IF they did, we'd all be multi-millionaires...

Re: The cinema industry today! 28 Jan 2006 21:55 #12095

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes I agree , and i questioned my freind who sent them to me as crazy. But then I thought hey let me ask the pros's and I rest my case with what you had said which is exactly how I replied.
He then said so what are they and I said well it is not what you said! Ha!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction