Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Hustle &Flow"

"Hustle &Flow" 17 Jan 2006 20:43 #11961

Who can tell me about this picture? We are showing at at The Rialto, a one showing one day affair as with most of the classic and art pictures we get. We did do a test screening today after working on the projector.

The print is simply beautiful and although I could hardly watch any of it from the booth with our 2000' reel change over system, I detest rap music and am worried if many of the like-minded, elderly folk of Loveland will come to see it.

Is this an independent or art film and did this hit any multiplex theaters or other first run houses?

Thanks always!
Tony H.
Colorado Film/Theater God
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Hustle &Flow" 18 Jan 2006 12:53 #11962

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
This movie is a sleeper: It appears to be one thing and is actually another. That is, a really good film. We ran it for a couple weeks when we were having problems with another auditorium. We had to shut down a room and directed people to this film instead of going home (or refunds!). Universally, people said they never would have seen it on their own but were really GLAD they did see it and recomended it to others. The music is just part of the film. The beauty is in the story.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: "Hustle &Flow" 19 Jan 2006 00:26 #11963

Apparently, the citizens of Loveland and the surrounding area agree with your dubbing the picture a "sleeper". We got about 20 at our one and only showing to the public tonight, counting my father who wanted to see it and scrounged a ticket off me. He thought the story line was very interesting and all in all, enjoyed it. I agree judging by the very little bit I got to see.

Print was beautiful except for some scratches on reel 4. Next in line..."Mad Hot Ballroom" on February 18th..................

Tony
Tony H.
Colorado Film/Theater God
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction