Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Business Plan Research
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Business Plan Research

Business Plan Research 14 Jan 2006 00:25 #11871

I am interested in opening a movie theater, but am currently assembling a detailed business plan for my business management degree. I have therefore been desperately seeking any helpful information. I have reviewed many of the posts and this has been one of the best sites so far. I'd greatly appreciate any input and answers to the questions below.

As I understand it, 2nd run are "in between" new and video. What are prices on showing films that have been out of theaters a few years?

How difficult is it to book your own films? How would one find a booking agent?

What sort of licenses are needed to operate?

What sort of energy costs are associated with a 1-3 screen theeater?

That is all I can think of for now, but any info would be appreciated! I will continue to scour the forums. Any reccomendation on books or useful websites about starting up a movie business would be greatly appreciated as well!

[This message has been edited by Horror Harem (edited January 14, 2006).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Business Plan Research 14 Jan 2006 11:26 #11872

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi Harem/ welcome/ the silent response comes from the fact that your questions are routine as is your situation and all of the questions have been answered by regulars many-many times. It's all here for the reading. Check out the posting by Wisconsin Extension as they have a large how to plan alreay posted. Once you have read everything..... ask again. Best of luck/ Mike

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Business Plan Research 15 Jan 2006 23:03 #11873

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Mike,

Could not find the posting you were talking about: "Check out the posting by Wisconsin Extension as they have a large how to plan alreay posted."
Were is it posted would like to check it out!

Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction