Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Greetings at long last!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings at long last!

Greetings at long last! 06 Jan 2006 23:38 #11851

I am finally going to say hi to everyone and partake in these forums after "lurking" since June or so. My interest in theaters stems from a childhood obsession with film (Which I still have) which developed into an interest in historic movie theaters and theater management in general.

Although I have never reaped a penny from the business (yet) I have volunteered for several historic theaters and assisted with theaters owned or managed by personal friends. I have been involved in 4 theaters over ten years, two of which I am still involved with (as for the ones I am no longer involved with; one was managed by my friend who retired and another I was only the projectionist and they switched from two EIKI Xenon portable 16mm projectors to DVD and an LCD projector; boooooo!)

I hope to own my own theater one day soon. That dream is what keeps me going at times. I enjoy visiting and photographing historic theaters, both open and closed and I own 200+ 16mm films, countless 8mms as well as projectors and film splicers, a set of mounted rewinds ECCO cleaning machine and countless other gizmos.

The theaters in my life include The Rialto (owned by the city of Loveland,CO which does live events as well as classic and art pictures) and The Park (owned by my late friends Daughter and family whom I am also quite good friends with which is a first run house).
I do everything at these theaters from selling tickets, tearing them, working concession, projectionist work and cleaning. I have worked with changeover and platters. Assisted with carbon arc once but they converted to Xenon before I got to know the machines well. The Park is believed to be the oldest operating theater built to function as a movie theater in the USA. The tower has quite a story I will explain in another post. You can find both these theaters on Cinematour.com and at least one of them on Cinematreasures. My other theater I helped with years age, Cinema Saver 6 in Fort Collins, CO is also on there.
I will include links to their own homepages; please check 'em out!

I hope you all will welcome me. Please forgive me as I can be quite long winded at times, LOL!

Tony L. Hernandez
www.historicparktheatre.com www.ci.loveland.co.us/rialto/rialto.htm

[This message has been edited by Parktheatre1913 (edited January 17, 2006).]
Tony H.
Colorado Film/Theater God
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Greetings at long last! 07 Jan 2006 03:59 #11852

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi TOny

Thanks for registering and do n't be shy make sure you write heaps of posts because it will be interesting to see your views and opinions on everything in the industry and we can all learn from eachother.

Re: Greetings at long last! 13 Jan 2006 00:05 #11853

Thanks for your welcome, SamCat! Apparently most of this board's focus and attention has been high jacked by the "Brokeback Mountain" thread.

Never fear, I will be making a post there soon myself; I simply wanted to wait and view the film, which I will do tomorrow night, and post my opinion of the film rather than purely my moral, political views and my views of the two individuals who started the thread!

Thanks for your welcome and greeting,

Tony
Tony H.
Colorado Film/Theater God

Re: Greetings at long last! 15 Jan 2006 19:23 #11854

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
welcome Tony!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction