Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Staff?

Staff? 02 Jan 2006 00:21 #11754

[This message has been edited by Izzytheatre22 (edited January 29, 2006).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Staff? 02 Jan 2006 04:44 #11755

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
All of my workers are hired help. My grandson helps when he comes to visit, as does a friend of mine. Their help is infrequent. Hiring good employees has been difficult; this year especially. It seems like most of the kids have no skills or common sense. They can't count change or add figures in their heads. Finding a self motivated person is nearly impossible.

I had a manager that was 16 when he was hired. He quickly learned everything I knew about the operation of the booth. He studied the manuals and read Film-Tech every day and quickly knew more than I did. He learned to repair just about anything in the booth. He is now 20 and no longer works for me regularly. But he still comes in to check on the operation and repairs things when I call him. I would like about six clones of him. He does have a special interest in the theatre though. His great grandmother owned and operated it back in the day.

Re: Staff? 03 Jan 2006 01:12 #11756

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Our cinema has a lot of family members working. My parents own it, my partner and I work most of the shifts and one of my brothers is a part time projectionist. We also have other families working here, we have a mother and daughter, a set of sisters and their cousin.
it can be very difficult to get staff who can be taught to think for themselves. i have job lists everywhere.. it helps a little. Many juniors start work not even knowing how to mop a floor, let alone work out change. I find its best to put them in the deep end and get them out serving after one period of learning. After they have been working about a week straight, i will put them in charge of a senior staff member and have them give the senior member jobs to do. I find it helps them learn what they need to do. the senior staff will prompt them if needed, but it generally works out pretty well
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction