Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How did Christmas eve/day do you for?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How did Christmas eve/day do you for?

How did Christmas eve/day do you for? 30 Dec 2005 10:35 #11718

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I was curious how everyone's theaters performed on Christmas Eve and Day. We closed our single screen on the eve and we were only opened for one matinee set of shows at the 4-screen. The turn out was rather disappointing. Perhaps it would have been better to just close on that day as well. On Christmas day, we were closed at our 4-screen and opened at our single screen. We had considerable business with Harry Potter (much better then a typical Sunday), but it could have definately been more. We are holding over Harry Potter at the single screen so we'll have to see if more people come this weekend as opposed to last weekend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How did Christmas eve/day do you for? 30 Dec 2005 23:37 #11719

[This message has been edited by Izzytheatre22 (edited January 29, 2006).]

Re: How did Christmas eve/day do you for? 31 Dec 2005 00:12 #11720

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
"Then on Christmas Day, the Mehan Family, the Israel's Rain chamber of commerce and the Israel's Rain historical society/museum partnered to bring the community a free classic Christmas film festival including White Christmas, Holiday Inn and The Bishop's Wife."

Wow what a line up wish more theatres had that type of programing> I owuld of been firston line with that!

Re: How did Christmas eve/day do you for? 31 Dec 2005 00:44 #11721

It was not cheap or easy. The two organizations I named have been saving for two years to fund it and it took my entire family;Myself and my husband, Daughter and son-in-law, Other Daughter and son-in-law and Grandson and his Boyfriend to staff and operate the theater and control all the kind patrons as well as the trolls in my theater. Of course, me and my grandson-in-law got to hide up in the booth for the first show and avoid the zoo of people! HEHEHE!

Maybelle

[This message has been edited by Izzytheatre22 (edited December 31, 2005).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction