Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby What Other Food do you sell?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Other Food do you sell?

What Other Food do you sell? 15 Dec 2005 06:31 #11685

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
I was just looking through the polls and saw the one asking if you sell food other than popcorn and candy and the majority did. What else do you sell and how well does it go for you? Do you allow hot food to be taken into the auditorium??
We only have popcorn and candy. we would like to try something else, but not sure what to try
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 15 Dec 2005 08:47 #11686

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
I do very well with Nachos and an item from J & J Snackfoods called Pretzel Bites. I have tried over the years ice cream(so-so), pickles(average), cookies and muffins(average), pizza(not bad if waste can be controlled), hot dogs(same as pizza), and others.

You core 3 items(corn, soda, candy)account for atleast 75-80% of sales regardless of where you are and have the most profit. The other items are fillers and can be rotated seasonally if needed.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 15 Dec 2005 09:19 #11687

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
The Big 5
Popcorn
Drinks
Candy
Nachos
Hot Dogs

Plus, Ice Cream Bars.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 15 Dec 2005 10:41 #11688

You could also consider pretzels. We had them for about a year and they did well in our theatre. Only drawback is that you run into the same waste control issue that happens with hot dogs and pizza.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 15 Dec 2005 14:57 #11689

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
At our 4-screen, we sell pickles. They tend to sell in spurts. We get some people that are shocked that people would buy pickles at the theater and we get some people that will buy 2 or 3 of them.

We also did nachos at the 4-screen. We had a few people that asked for them so we got them. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to go as well and we ended up having extra chips/cheese that went past the date. A couple months ago we moved our nachos to our single screen. They started out okay, but we haven't been doing as many of them recently; hopefully with the better movies coming out, we'll sell more of them.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 20 Dec 2005 06:34 #11690

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Pickles?? as in onions?? That is weird LOL. Those that have nachos, do you find much mess in the cinema from them??

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 20 Dec 2005 08:16 #11691

• lionheart
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
In the US, pickles refers to pickled cucumbers. You can get many other pickled items, including onions, but the word pickles is always understood to be cucumbers. I remember as a boy that they sold pickles at the concession stand at some sporting events. They were usually cheaper than candy. Older folks might find them nostalgic.

Re: What Other Food do you sell? 23 Dec 2005 11:48 #11692

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Every now and then someone will spill their Nacho's and we have some Cheese to clean up, not really any problem at all.

Pizza I would avoid as all that sauce on your seats would be a mess!

I have considered Pretzel Bites though, microwaveable and pretty clean.

Tony.
tony.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction