Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Crimes against persons at your theater?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crimes against persons at your theater?

Crimes against persons at your theater? 09 Dec 2005 07:34 #11432

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I have often thought about how inviting concession counters are to the criminal element, especially when tickets are purchased inside the theater. Fortunately we don't hear of robberies very often.

Have any of you, or your patrons) been a victim of a crime at your theater?

This article came from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/kcra/20051209/lo_kcra/3110905

A group of movie patrons were robbed at gunpoint at a Sacramento theater early Thursday.

It happened about 12:45 a.m. as the last showing was letting out at the Century Theaters at Arden and Ethan ways.

Witness Joe Yeager said the movie "Walk The Line" had just finished and people were walking out of the theater when masked gunmen stormed in.

"I've never been through anything like that in my entire life. It's the scariest thing I've ever done ... ever," Yeager said.

Witnesses told authorities that at least two, and possibly three men in ski masks and Halloween masks made their way into the theater.

"They came in and told us to get down ... they had guns ... we emptied our pockets and then they had us walk single-file into the bathroom and laid us down," Yeager said.

"They did take the one employee that was on site as well and robbed him. They did not rob the theater itself, as all that money had already been taken away," Sacramento County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Steve Gralian said.

Authorities said the robbers took money and jewelry and fled in car, leaving the patrons shaken but otherwise unharmed.

The ticket counter at another Century Theater location in the Sacramento area was robbed last week, but investigators said they don't know if the two crimes are connected.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Crimes against persons at your theater? 10 Dec 2005 06:22 #11433

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
The only crime we have had is people stealing the posters, banners and standees. But There was a spate of big robberies from city cinemas a couple of years ago with tens of thousands stolen. We always lock our doors a few mins after the last show goes in and never have less than 2 staff present. It is a worry, but no more than working at a bank or a service station i guess. We have instructed our staff to just hand it over if confronted with a gun/knife as its not worth dying over. Just be sure to keep your insurance up!!

Re: Crimes against persons at your theater? 11 Dec 2005 13:27 #11434

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
somebody stole our clock off the lobby wall! Personally I'd have a real hard time being herded into a bathroom. I'm glad not to have to face it.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction