Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How does one go about cleaning screens???
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How does one go about cleaning screens???

How does one go about cleaning screens??? 09 Dec 2005 07:08 #11422

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
We've noticed lately that our screens are getting a bit dirty, a few thrown sweets plus a whole lotta dust. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning?? its a screen with tiny holes in it (Sorry, not technical enough to know its name) looks like plastic coated fabric.. I don't know whether we should take it down to clean it or if theres a good method leaving it up..id prefer to leave it up as i hate the thought of having to retye it!! Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How does one go about cleaning screens??? 09 Dec 2005 16:29 #11423

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
If you attempt to clean it you will in all likelyhood make a mess, any amount of disturbing the dust w/o getting it ALL off will no doubt make marks and streaks that will be very visible with a picture on screen.

I have heard it MAY be possible to carfully take a shop vac, and vac it from the REAR behind the screen. this may remove SOME of the dust.

Other than that, I'd hire a pro who cleans movie screens if anything.

Tony.
tony.

Re: How does one go about cleaning screens??? 09 Dec 2005 20:21 #11424

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I've heard it discussed here before and I think the consensus is that it makes sense to simply replace the screen rather then cleaning it.

I've also heard that it is possible to get a mild soap solution a terry cloth towel and tie the towel to a broom and it does wonders. I've never tried it but it could work if you get all the dust off, that is. Use bright work lights, and go over it several times.

I guess when it comes time for my screen I'd be prepared to replace it and then I'd try and clean it first and see how it looks....
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction