Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: chick little booking

chick little booking 27 Oct 2005 10:11 #11282

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
booked chicken little to open on button for 2 weeks at one of my theatre. I was elated and then instantly filled with terror: are they desperate? Is the movie bad? 2 weeks works for me.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: chick little booking 27 Oct 2005 11:14 #11283

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Too bad you couldn't have seen it at a screening, Mike. These things all wind up to be a matter of opinion, and you know how the world is full of critics.

I thought the film was OK, but maybe that's the problem. We pushed this picture for most of the Summer, even though we knew we'd be closed for the season before it opened. That's something we don't normally do... but the trailers were entertaining, and the film looked like it would be one of the real biggies this year. Maybe it will... but after all the hype that they're generating... with it being tied to these new 3D digital installs... and even putting some real TV advertising on (for a change), I'm a little concerned whether the picture will measure up.

Like I say... I thought it was OK, but maybe not something you'd want to hang your corporate hat on until the next offering comes along.

(disclaimer)
But... this is why I don't book my own place. My opinion has frequently been shown to be worth what I paid myself for it, so it'll be interesting (at least to me) to see how the film matches up to my first impression of it. I do thing it'll do pretty well over the first week or two though... there isn't a lot out there for the kids right now.

Re: chick little booking 27 Oct 2005 14:23 #11284

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Have I become jaded, or does anyone else think it's PATHETIC that an industry which once made a respectable living showing the likes of Lawrence of Arabia, and Doctor Zhivago, must now look to a kiddie picture with a computer generated chicken in 3-D and overpriced popcorn for its salvation?...

Re: chick little booking 27 Oct 2005 20:03 #11285

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The reason that Chicken Little was rushed into 3D (the decision was only made about 4 months ago) is simple ..... the pathetic state of the recent boxffice.

Realistically CL is basically a younger kids pic without the universal all age appeal of something like The Lion King or even The Incredibles.

So what does the Hollywood do when faced with dwindling boxoffice and desperate to combat the little black box in the living room .... Why gimmicks of course! That was why we had 3D in 1953 and then the aborted revival in the early 1980's (anybody remember Spacehunter??). In the 1950s and 1960s the gimmick was sheer size (Cinerama and 70MM) but like most gimmicks as soon as the novelty wears off, it ends up being more unused equipment in the back storage room.

Just remember everything cycles and then recycles once again.

There simple is no substitute for good product and we don't have much of that these days.

Re: chick little booking 11 Nov 2005 22:24 #11286

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
Who would of ever thought.......#1! Blew away everything ,those who Booked took a gamble but it paid off!
Everyone leaving the theatre loved it and the kids went crazy in the non 3-D, heard the 3-d version was amazing though.

Re: chick little booking 12 Nov 2005 11:50 #11287

• Senior Boarder
Sold out for the second weekend with Chicken Little. Helllooo, studios, is anyone listening? I thought money talked in Hollywood. We need more kid movies, and it would help if they are tolerable to parents, too.

Re: chick little booking 12 Nov 2005 13:31 #11288

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
FEAR NOT, if this thing holds up over another weekend, EVERY studio in Hollywood will be hell bent on rushing its own CLONE to market... You will have computer generated 3-D kiddie pictures with every animal under the sun running out your ears... The follow-the-leader copycat of the fad-of-the-moment mentallity is what drives the engine today, iit's far less trouble than coming up with an original idea...

Re: chick little booking 12 Nov 2005 15:29 #11289

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
"Get Rich or Die Trying" is selling out in all markets.Chicken little is going to be struck a low blow this week but hopefully will still have strong numbers. But you also have Zathura drawing also so you have 2 family movies.
2 different groups. But since Weds, the new gangsta rap movie is selling out all over and playing in 3-4 screens average at the mulitplexes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction