Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Breakfast at the cinema?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Breakfast at the cinema?

Breakfast at the cinema? 29 Oct 2005 21:58 #11192

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
A freind of mine has a small town theatre and asked me this question. He has in the morning breakfast items and coffee for sale and shows the morning news on the big screen. The people pay for Breakfast and not for the use of the theatre. They use snack trays for itmes they get at the concession stand, like Bagels,muffins bacon and egg sandwiches and coffee.
They are 90% seniors and love it. Is he in violation of anything by doing this or is it a way to make extra money on down time of showing features?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Breakfast at the cinema? 29 Oct 2005 22:11 #11193

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
It MIGHT make some difference WHOSE news telecast he is showing (broadcast, cable, or other source) but beyond that, IF it's a copyright violation, then nearly every bar owner in the US will be sharing a crowbar bedroom with him... And every TV dealer who has a set on in his store would also be sweating it out... Don't see how he would be in any jeopardy...

Re: Breakfast at the cinema? 30 Oct 2005 06:41 #11194

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
We do something similar here. We used to play the news shows in the morning but, instead, now play a screen saver which rotates beautiful landscape pictures. We serve espresso, lattes, scones, etc. It is a great source of added income and the bonus is people are coming to the theater every day so they always know what is playing and are used to coming.

[This message has been edited by leeler (edited October 30, 2005).]
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction