Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby shrinking window!!!????
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: shrinking window!!!????

shrinking window!!!???? 10 Oct 2005 13:59 #11076

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I was listening to the radio this am about "used books" on the internet and they said that the biggest newest bestsellers or any danged book you care to mention is on sale "used" the day after it comes out and it's sold used by the same people selling new. So I went to Amazon and there was the 25 bestsellers list and guess what..... 22 of them had "{used for 20-50% less rigfht there alongside! Now that's a shrinked up winder!

Sometimes I think we don't see others problems. Like when we started talking about 3.00 gas but forget that there are entire companies that have fleets of cars and trucks on the road. The price of fuel hurts them worse than us.

The shrinking window is bad. And others have their problems too.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: shrinking window!!!???? 10 Oct 2005 15:55 #11077

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
What you are referring to is just a thinly disguised discounting business which has been around for years: IE "slightly used,imperfect, second, NOS, shelf worn, remanufactured, refurbished, repackaged," etc... And yes, nearly EVERY business today has some form of this to compete with...

As for the $3 gasoline, and hugely increased energy costs, every business (and every buyer) will feel the pain... Everything from airline fares, postage, shipping costs, anything made using petroleum (like plastics), even fresh vegatables and a loaf of bread at your grocery will eventually cost more as a result... Cost driven INFLATION will result, and will be universal, leading to higher interest rates, etc, etc, etc... NOT A PRETTY PICTURE, and the first thing the average person will be forced to forego in order to stay afloat is entertainment, and other non-essentials...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction