Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Those Irritating laser pointers
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Those Irritating laser pointers

Those Irritating laser pointers 09 Jan 2001 17:43 #1102

Just a question. how have you all out there handled the laser pointer problem. I got rid of them by confiscating them. If they did not give them up they either left or I told them I was going to charge them for everyone's ticket in that auditorium.
Another tactic was to ask them if they wished to purchase a new screen. That worked well with parents who's little darlings could never do any wrong. Just wondered how others have handles this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Those Irritating laser pointers 09 Jan 2001 20:02 #1103

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My business partner actually caught someone with a laser pointer in A Hard Day's Night and kicked them out. We had a laser pointer during the credits of O' Brother Where Art Thou? but we couln't find them.

Re: Those Irritating laser pointers 09 Jan 2001 23:17 #1104

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
We had the problem with the lazer pointers about a year or so ago, but it has now been quite a while since I've seen one.

My theatre being an old vaudeville house with a full stage allows me to go backstage behind the screen easily without being noticed. Then it's simple to watch through the screen and wait for the lazer to come on and you see exactly where it's coming from. If it is a light scene in the movie and the reflection from the screen is bright, I can even see the individual that is holding it. Boy do they seem surprised when you go right to them and demand that they hand it over. I had a collection of them for a while, but the batteries have since died, and most have disappeared, thanks to the staff.

The fad seemed to go away almost as quickly as it came. I hope it stays away.

Re: Those Irritating laser pointers 10 Jan 2001 14:11 #1105

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
We confiscate them. Luckily we're not in a violent NYC or some such locale where people don't take to discipline very well. The type of numb nut who takes as laser into a movie palace is usually about 13 and easily cowed. Plus...his friends will give him up in a heart beat. And I agree: the problem has seemed to gone the way of the jerk: thank God. Though we had one last weekend but I told the guy if I see it up: you're gone. And never did.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction