Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby fill 'er up! 66.00!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: fill 'er up! 66.00!

fill 'er up! 66.00! 01 Oct 2005 11:26 #10973

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Last night I filled my truck. 66.00! You can take 11 people to my theatre for the price of one fill up. Or you can wait for the matinee @ 3.50 and take 19 people! The nearest theatres are 40-50 miles away and that's 6-20$ round trip depending on your mileage. You are 20.00 down by the time you leave town. I think that's good for my position. It will keep people close to home.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: fill 'er up! 66.00! 01 Oct 2005 13:43 #10974

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
NOT ONLY close to home, but AT HOME... The ultimate result HAS to be that ALL non-essential expenses are going to be scrutinized more closely than ever, and entertainment will be the FIRST to be eliminated... IF you think moviegoers have become more selective in recent years, just WAIT til the effects of today's gasoline and energy costs have time to sink in!...

Re: fill 'er up! 66.00! 01 Oct 2005 13:54 #10975

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
It may keep them "close to home", Mike, but I am afraid that it will also keep more of them IN their homes. Look for big jumps in such by-the-mail services such as NetFlix. Already the nightly news reports on local stations are describing the ways people are starting to conserve gasoline in earnest: fewer trips and making such as are necessary more efficient in doing everything at once; no more excursions/pleasure trips; going by bicycle where possible, and avoiding even more any parking lots where many people are now siphoning off the gas from others' tanks!

I hope this benefits our movie houses/theatres, but I am afraid that the radius of draw will be ever smaller as people refuse to drive very far if at all. This means that they will refuse to come out unless the movies are new AND good. And, the price increases have only just begun. Many other merchants will feel the pinch too, and therefore a MAJOR recession is no doubt right around the corner. It could even be another Great Depression, and this time the government will not have the money (even through borrowing) to buy us out of it as they did when the 2nd World War began. The country is in hock to its eyeballs and if they start printing more money to cover the bills of wars plus a depression, the nation will quickly go bankrupt just as 1920s Germany did when a wheelbarrow of Deutch Marks then bought only a small loaf of bread. SAVE UP, folks; it's going to be a bumpy ride ahead! But by then, will even two wheelbarrows of dollars be able to buy a loaf of bread? Some economists doubt it. Self-sufficiency will be the name of the game, and movies may be a faded memory of a luxury of the past.
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction